Stats Page Update

When I search for WI which is where I am at I don't appear but have more finds than others on the list. When I search under my user name it shows I have 37 finds when I actually have 67 finds. I figured it hasn't been updated but at the bottom of the page it reads that it is updated daily.... I guess this leaves me confused icon_confused.gif

When I search for WI which is where I am at I don't appear but have more finds than others on the list. When I search under my user name it shows I have 37 finds when I actually have 67 finds. I figured it hasn't been updated but at the bottom of the page it reads that it is updated daily.... I guess this leaves me confused icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by mikemtn:

Seems I can only see page 1 of the state stats.

Yes, I noticed that too, since, alas, I have a ways to go before moving from page two to page one in my State!

The "next" links on the States page are broken, but the good news is that the statistics are there. You just need to enter them manually. When you are viewing the first page, listing geocachers ranking #1 to #25, to move to the next page simply go to the address bar in your browser and add at the very end of the line: &start=25 for page two, &start=50 to see page three, etc., until Dan gets this fixed.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

quote:
Originally posted by Team Golden:

Team Golden did a name change back in early July. I used to be K9flyball. Why would this make a difference since it changed my name across the board and both posts and caches I found show the name change.

Dan's stats page uses the the list of recent logs to generate stats. Rather than checking each account on the web site for the latest find and hide counts each time it updates, it just runs periodic scans of the recent posts.

For this reason, the stats page sees no activity for K9flyball after July, and thus leaves the find count for that account name at a steady number. Meanwhile, it sees what looks like a "new" account -- Team Golden -- starting to log finds in July, assigns it zero finds to begin with, and increments that count with each find that shows up after then.

This is why, if you check, you'll see little errors here and there between the "real" stats and those shown on Dan's pages -- account names change, logs scroll off the bottom of the Recently Found List before the stats page can see them, etc. Overall, though, it does a great job while not impacting the site servers significantly. If it was designed to pull the current stats for every account each time it updated, it would be a huge server hit.

Dan is very responsive toward correcting errors, so I would expect to see your stats corrected momentarily!

Moun10Bike's Geocaching Pages