What am I going to do???

I broke my toe last night (it was really stupid, believe me) icon_frown.gif

So now I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't go geocaching. icon_mad.gif (Got to feed the addiction...)

How long does it take a toe to heal????

I'm so bummed about this I thought I would post it and share my pain icon_wink.gif

Mama

...Running over the same old ground, what have we found?...

I broke my thumb while playing soccer 3 1/2 weeks ago. It seems to be well on the way to healing. I've had the splint off for a week and I have limited use of it. Of course things may be different with your toe, but from what I read it takes 4-6 weeks for a fracture to heal.

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

When Ronnie Lott (Safety for the 49ers) broke his pinky during the playoffs one year, he was told he would either have to wear a giant cast on his hand or not play for 4-6 weeks. Since the Super Bowl was coming up he opted to have it cut off. I'm not making this up. So how addicted are you really? icon_biggrin.gif

Yes I have finds, yes I have hides and yes I'm a charter member. My wife will not let me use our account on the forums...don't know why.

A fierce competitor who once had part of his little finger amputated so that he could play.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2000/halloffame/news/2000/07/27/hof_lott_ap/

Problem with that is that it is a little harder to type with part of his little finger removed.

Strange stuff they do at times.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

May I use that for my license plate?

Better hurry BB, I've already got one variation on my Tennessee tag.

Jamie

I noticed that at our Hot Wings gathering.

I almost nominated your truck for the Ultimate Cachemobile or GeoChariot or whatever that thread was. Looks like it would motor on through just about anything. It has real character. Much more than my little S-10.

quote:
Originally posted by bitbrain:

...your truck... the Ultimate Cachemobile or GeoChariot or whatever that thread was. Looks like it would motor on through just about anything. It has real character.

icon_frown.gif I wish it didn't have so much character. Actually when I bought the thing it was a very nice truck. I customized it with 1/2 topper and a very expensive custom stereo system that I mostly built and put together. About a year and a half ago, the truck was stolen, and through a oversight, I didn't have insurance. Therefore, I was left without a decent vehicle, and a truck that was missing the doors, seat, and a handful of engine parts.

Well.. it was right about that time that I had quit my job so I could focus on school... so I had little choice but to dump a couple hundred bucks into my truck--just enough to make it roadworthy.

But you're right... at this point, I wouldn't worry about blasting through about anything.

Jamie

I'm so bummed about this I thought I would post it and share my pain icon_wink.gif

Mama

This I understand mama. I shatttered my pelvis and my hip along with some ribs and various assorted internal organs and today was the first time I have been geocaching in FIVE long months. It felt great to get out again! Even if I was walking with a cane..at least I was walking. Wheelchairs don't like sand and lava. :-)

lara ( and she is back in the forum too!)

I was swinging off a rope into the creek a while back and had my little toe catch a root.. Was sticking out at a right angle when i came out of the water. Boy did that smart icon_redface.gif. If only i would have known what i know now. Could have took the opportunity to paint eyes and mouth, took a snapshot, then made him my GeoCaching signature,,,,hehehe. Just kidding of course, there's only one Toe! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team Boogidy:

I broke my toe last night (it was really stupid, believe me) icon_frown.gif

So now I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't go geocaching. icon_mad.gif (Got to feed the addiction...)

How long does it take a toe to heal????

Mama

Go cachin' you sissy! It's just a toe! :-)

Actually sorry to hear about your oops, hope you get better soon and don't have to miss too much time stomping through the woods...

Mike

Gsdvr

Huntsville

for the support and the kind encouragement (except maybe the cutting it off suggestion...)

Some of you have also made me realize worse things can happen icon_eek.gif

I'm hobbling a bit better now and am going to go after a couple off new 1/1s that have sprung up very recently icon_biggrin.gif Besides there are always pain killers icon_wink.gif

Were there is a will, there is a way icon_wink.gif

Mama