MSWord & the 'stash-note' in a circle?

Kealia

Ok, while I'm excellent at Excel, PPT, etc. I have NO clue as to how to format the stash-note in Word to make it into a circle that I can attach to the lid of a circular jar I'm using.

Does anybody have one of these formatted that I can use? You can either email it to me at rostmiNOSPAM@yahoo.com (remove the NOSPAM for those who don't know), or tell me how to format the existing one?

Many thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Kealia:

Ok, while I'm excellent at Excel, PPT, etc. I have NO clue as to how to format the stash-note in Word to make it into a circle that I can attach to the lid of a circular jar I'm using.

Does anybody have one of these formatted that I can use? You can either email it to me at rostmiNOSPAM@yahoo.com (remove the NOSPAM for those who don't know), or tell me how to format the existing one?

Many thanks!

No idea, but now I'm interested in learning that TOO. Very KEWL idea.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Word only works with 90° angled frames. You could create a frame that fit inside the circle. Just use Draw to produce the circle, then put a frame inside and then the text formatted to fit in that.

Otherwise, it looks like you'll have to turn it into a work of art using your favorite art program and then printing the "circle" to the size of your desire.

Cheers!

TL

I dl'd a demo CD labeler program and was able to do a quick simplistic "spiral" print - just cut/pasted the Stashnote.doc file right into the template. The program only allows you to save in their proprietary format, but I was able to do an ALT/PrintScreen to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste it into Photoshop and save it as a JPG. Size to fit and print away.

-----

Matt

K7MTO

quote:

Many thanks!

I have made one and sent you a copy, please let me know if you got it, and if this will work for you.

woof & lulu

quote:

Many thanks!

I have made one and sent you a copy, please let me know if you got it, and if this will work for you.

woof & lulu

quote:
Originally posted by makaio:

I dl'd a demo CD labeler program and was able to do a quick simplistic "spiral" print - just cut/pasted the Stashnote.doc file right into the template. The program only allows you to save in their proprietary format, but I was able to do an ALT/PrintScreen to copy the window to the clipboard, then paste it into Photoshop and save it as a JPG. Size to fit and print away.

3265_1700.JPG

-----

Matt

K7MTO

-----

Matt

K7MTO

quote:

I have NO clue as to how to format the stash-note in Word to make it into a circle that I can attach to the lid of a circular jar I'm using.

Did you try the WordArt button? It's in the Drawing menu-bar. WordArt can do printing in curves.

But I think the previous mentioned circular print is much nicer...

BigBird icon_smile.gif

CMLogo_Transparent_Dark_Medium.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BigBirdNL:

quote:

I have NO clue as to how to format the stash-note in Word to make it into a circle that I can attach to the lid of a circular jar I'm using.

Did you try the WordArt button? It's in the Drawing menu-bar. WordArt can do printing in curves.

But I think the previous mentioned circular print is much nicer...

BigBird icon_smile.gif

http://home.tiscali.nl/bigbird/

Wordart is limited in the amount of text you can do.

Cheers!

TL

I have put a couple of different ones together and posted them on the web. Please feel free to use them...since I got the ideas from you guys anyway. I put them in PDF format to make it easy.

Stash Note Downloads

roundstashnote.gif

Enjoy!

"To create you need a good imagination and a pile of junk" - Benjamin Franklin

[This message was edited by The_Rocks on September 09, 2003 at 11:52 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

Word only works with 90° angled frames. You could create a frame that fit inside the circle. Just use Draw to produce the circle, then put a frame inside and then the text formatted to fit in that.

Actually, Word comes with something called WordArt, which will allow you to twist and shape text any way you like. You could absolutely use WordArt to create round or oval documents and/or curved lines of text.

Gorak

quote:
posted September 09, 2003 09:01 AM

I'd go with martmann's version. Nice work. Easier to read than the spiral text which would probably just give a non-geocacher a big headache

I have to agree with this. The sprial was just a quick test on my part. Level text is much less strain on the eyes/brain.

-----

Matt

K7MTO

quote:

Word only works with 90° angled frames.

That's only mostly true. You can certainly format text to flow around pictures by editing the wrap points on the pictures. From there, it's rather simple to make an empty graphic to wrap the text "around."

You can edit the wrap points on text boxes, too, but it doesn't do what you'd expect it to: it affects how text that's not in the box wraps around the box, rather than how the text in the box wraps within the box.

pirate.cgi.gif

Excellent! Thank you for all the samples and suggestions.

I can find a box in the forest, a film canister in a crowded park, a needle in a haystack (hey, maybe a good micro!), can present in front of Board Members and CEOs but couldn't think of an easy way to make this happen.

Thanks to all my bretheren (and sisteren icon_wink.gif) for the help.

We likes them!

"The_Rocks" thanks for the Stash Notes and Download link.

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rocks:

I have put a couple of different ones together and posted them on the web. Please feel free to use them...since I got the ideas from you guys anyway. I put them in PDF format to make it easy.

http://www.bananamoon.net/caching/stashnotes.php

http://www.bananamoon.net/caching/roundstashnote.gif

Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by The_Rocks:

http://www.bananamoon.net/caching/stashnotes.php

http://www.bananamoon.net/caching/roundstashnote.gif

Enjoy!

Nicely done The_Rocks!

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by Gorak:

quote:

Actually, Word comes with something called WordArt, which will allow you to twist and shape text any way you like. You could absolutely use WordArt to create round or oval documents and/or curved lines of text.

Gorak

It is still limited in the amount of text you can put in which means you have to use a lot of objects and a lot of manipulation in order to make it work. I already tried. icon_smile.gif

Cheers!

TL

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:

Word only works with 90° angled frames.

That's only mostly true. You can certainly format text to flow around pictures by editing the wrap points on the pictures. From there, it's rather simple to make an empty graphic to wrap the text "around."

You can edit the wrap points on text boxes, too, but it doesn't do what you'd expect it to: it affects how text that's not in the box wraps around the box, rather than how the text in the box wraps within the box.

http://parkrrrr.com/pirate.cgi.gif

I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. But that becomes pretty kludgey, wouldn't you agree?

Cheers!

TL