GEO-DEMO

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I have just run across P Scholtz 'what do you do for a living' post. a new 'what age ?' post has been placed as well... I did 'Were you a Scout, Military or ?' post.

'what type unit do you use' and 'where did you hear about Goecaching' have been posted as well.

July has 31 days, let's take the final totals (numers and %) and post August 1.

The 'Scout' post has old # of 69% scout, 36.5% mil, and some interesting others.

OLD 'age,sex married' was Age:39 87% male 13% female, 55% married, 29 % kids ...

Let's try to get the reply demographics of 'Cachers, it's good to have when talking to local or state official types when asking permission to place a cache. I have permission for winter caches in local Boy Scout camp, and local rod and gun club is wondering if it might open up to the idea. BTW my local Conservation Officer has let me have free reign in town...

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thanks to all others who may have demographic posts I may have missed.

capecache@hotmail.com

Guest Snowtrail

I agree that the demographics are neat things to bring up to the parks when placing caches, but the replies to a forum are not a good way to get them. Not everyone reads the forums, and not all who read them post something. Plus, there are a lot of other varieties out there (that college stats class comes in handy every once in a while) make the data an invalid sample. For example, how many of the men who responded have women who go along with them? And vice versa? There must be another way to find out the demographics other than through the forum.