Geocacher Run-In

Lime

I've been lucky enough to meet other cachers before, during, and after finding a cache.

My first run in with another cacher was at a cache called CardCaptor, where I met camp637. I had just gotten out of my car when he was returning to the parking lot from just having found the cache. He saw me holding my GPS and commented on how we both had the same idea. We talked a bit about GPS's and caches, but the conversation about Card Captor was limited to my asking "did you find it" and his reply of "yes". I'm glad that our discussion did not go into any more detail, because that was a challenging find for me.

My second run in with a geocacher was Team Tecmage in Houston of all places, at Keesa's Cache When I emerged from the forest, I was greeted with a "did you find it". I was a bit taken aback, since I didn't expect to see any other cachers, and while he saw me, I didn't see him until after finding the cache. He was waiting for me to get done before entering the woods. Afterwards I stuck around until he got a chance to search and log the cache, and we had a nice conversation afterwards.

My third run in were with a couple of unregistered cachers who arrived at Okay, I get it... "ELK" Grove Village at approximately the same time I did. Since I was there about 1 minute before they arrived, they offered to back off, but I invited them to team up with me to search for the cache. I did my best to try to convince them to register.

It seems like we should run into each other more often than we do around Memphis. Between cwlutterloh, Salvo, Mustard Devil, Sonoma & myself, we usually race to any new caches in the area...

Lutterloh & I did end up working together on Gangsta's Gold last week. [icon_smile.gif]

- "This river dont go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn." -

It seems like we should run into each other more often than we do around Memphis. Between cwlutterloh, Salvo, Mustard Devil, Sonoma & myself, we usually race to any new caches in the area...

Lutterloh & I did end up working together on Gangsta's Gold last week. [:(]

- "This river dont go to Aintry. You done taken a wrong turn." -

At the very first cache I found, Sharkie Cache, I ran into coralgeo and Iron Chef. I am too lazy to find all of our logs, but they might be worth looking at because I was really impressed with how they handled things. The two of them had already found the cache and were writing in the logbook, as I recall, and Coralgeo saw that we had kids with us and wanted to make the hunt fun for us, so she hurriedly re-hid the cache for us.

We got pictures of everyone and they're in my log. It was a nice experience.

Other than that, it has never happened to me.

-------------------------------------

Becky Davis

San Jose, CA

Cache 'n' carry... My 4 year old!