Funny sign

Sure does make you think twice before going into a public pool.

I remember seeing a sign by a pool once that read: 'We don't swim in your toilet, so please don't pee in our pool!

GF

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

logo_small.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mixster:

Was I the only one to have to look up 'deleterious'? icon_wink.gif

I had to look that one up too, then I had to look up "noxious" too, so I could give my daughter a better explanation, other than......ICKY.

The really funny part about this sign is that it's at a pool that is for toddlers only. It's a tiny pool that could fit in just about anyones backyard. Heck, it would fit on our deck! (I'll try to get a pic of it's size).

I saw a cache somewhere that asked the finders to use certain words from a sign when they logged online, I just might use rule #4 in my cache.

Og

Prophetically Challenged (or is that Pathetically?)

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Speaking of signs, does anyone have a link for that strange speed limit locationless? I saw a 4 MPH sign the other day.

http://www.texasgeocaching.com Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ihazeltine/bandbass.gif

I Can't Drive....21?

4 MPH has already been reported... icon_frown.gif ...sorry, sax!

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

After reading that first posted sign ... I've seen drainage ditches in China I'd rather swim in! Makes you wonder what happened that they "had" to post that sign! Some comedian once said that Preparation H has a warning on it not to take Orally ... because somebody did it! icon_eek.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Co-founder of the "NC/VA GEO-HOG ASSOCIATION"

... when you absolutely have to find it first!

A former boss at a sign company has had a running friendly feud with his brother for many years. Along with many other practical jokes played on each other, every year this boss' brother takes a cruise. My boss would then create a new POOL RULES sign. The most memorable one I can think of off the top of my head was one where the title was "pOOL RULES" and rule 1 was "Notice there is a little P in pool, that's because [brother's name] has been swimming."

Of course, self made signs don't count in a hilarious signs contest. I've made a few myself, like "Sam & Ella's Cafe" and "Mr. Wrinkles Laundry." Most people don't get Sam & Ella's Cafe until they say it out loud kind of fast.

CR

72057_2000.gif

I found my favorite randomly encountered sign while riding to a cache down a rails-to-trails path. I have a puzzled look on my face in this photo: It was entirely appropriate for Perry Township to warn young maidens to run away and steer clear, since this area of Southwest Pennsylvania makes rural West Virginia look cosmopolitan. But is there really only ONE virgin left? I was wondering why it wasn't plural.

1663152_300.jpg

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Speaking of signs, does anyone have a link for that strange speed limit locationless? I saw a 4 MPH sign the other day.

4 MPH has already been reported... icon_frown.gif ...sorry, sax!

• Include limits which are not evenly divisible by 5, or are in excess of 70 MPH (in your local units of measurement, as written on the sign).

• One speed limit per individual or team.

• One posting per location.

• Post signs that are labeled in local units of measurement (MPH in the U.S.).

• Please be sure to type the posted speed limit into your log entry.

• Please include the location (city, state, and highway name, where applicable).

• Be sure to post the coordinates of your find.

• Please post the standard GPS-in-the-picture proof shot.

• And last but not least, let's be careful out there.

It doesn't say one post per number

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Speaking of funny signs, there's a ton of 'em http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=45804 Notice, also, the spelling errors in the description of the cache.

===============_"If it feels good...do it"_================

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

Sorry if this is a repost, but http://www.engrish.com

We had one right down the road that some people hung up for a few days. We didn't get a picture of it, but got a chuckle. Apparently they have eggs delivered to them and they were being brought too many. The sign was one of those dry erase signs hung on a privacy fence that was like 2 ft from the road. These people live right on the lake in what looks like a travel trailer that might have some mods down to it. The sign said "Mr Eggman, please do not bring anymore eggs". This sign is seen by everyone driving down the road. My wife commented that it would be funny if someone egged the sign as if the eggman did it....lol

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Nice. I'm glad your wife thinks it's funny to vandalize other people's property.

Does she also get a kick out of removing all the contents of caches she finds and destroying the log books? Maybe she'd prefer to pelt them with eggs instead.

You've got quite a catch there dude.

"A noble spirit embiggins the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield

quote:
Originally posted by Mushtang:

Nice. I'm glad your wife thinks it's funny to vandalize other people's property.

Does she also get a kick out of removing all the contents of caches she finds and destroying the log books? Maybe she'd prefer to pelt them with eggs instead.

You've got quite a catch there dude.

Yeah, because it couldn't have been a JOKE.

Oh wait, I must have missed the part where Woodster said that his wife actually egged the sign. Silly me, I'll read more carefully.

Maybe Mushtang's right, it's high time we start persecuting people for their thoughts, nay, their JOKES. It's just not funny anymore.

Pan

Swallow a live toad first thing in the morning, and chances are that nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day. - Unknown