Are YOU famous?

You don't have a choice for me. It should read:

O-Notorious

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Mad_Hatter:

I was quite surpised when I introduced myself to a fellow geocacher and she recognized my handle.

Recognize?

Every time I show up at an event I get "Oh, so YOU'RE the infamous Mopar!".

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I am listed in one of those mail-order Who's Who books. The kind where they list you in hope you buy one of their overpriced tomes.

Other than that, about 15 years ago several people mentioned that I looked a lot like one of the '10 most wanted' on the post office wall.

========================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

My catagory is Nobody. Which is literally true if you have to be a movie star, rock star, or political guru to be a somebody.

Nah, you could also kill your pregnant wife, get beat up by police on video, win a beauty pagent and get murdered by age 7, or get rescued from the Iraqis by coalition commandos.

ApK

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

quote:
Recognize?

Every time I show up at an event I get "Oh, so YOU'RE the infamous Mopar!".

Every time I show up at an event, people spit on me.

_"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"_ -Abraham Lincoln

Wonder why?

Caint never did nothing.

GDAE, Dave

I'm famous!

I was an extra in the movie "Tank" with James Garner. You have to look REAL close, cause I'm just a blur as the camera panned across me.

I still haven't got any calls from Hollywood, though. [icon_frown.gif]

Bradtal

Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.

The most famous geocacher I know, is an east coast cacher who sometimes appears before 8-10 million people on some "late shows" (including last night).

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on May 10, 2003 at 06:23 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by the white diamond pirates:

i was in a movie once...

one crazy summer-

'neko

the white diamond pirates

OMG! One of my all time favorite movies!!!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt1344:

I saw it! The "cache in, trash out" shirt — OK, what's the deal? Is that guy one of us?

Yes, indeed, he is. Moreover, he organized a CITO event last month!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

As you can tell by the picture, my new line of fashionable T-shirts is coming along quite well.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/13187_200.jpg

thanks fractal!

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Hmmmm, soapy boy / rinsy boy......I'm a dirty cacher. Gimme a bath. Pleeeeeeease!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

If they ever catch me I'll be famous.

Dorothy: "How can you talk if haven't got a brain?" Scarecrow: "I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

I claim fame from being an extra in Howard the Duck haha! But really, if you are heavy into computer games or movie special effects or contemporary horror fiction, you might have heard of me.

Team Kender - Willow and Dan exploring the Bay Area backroads!

Clive is that you? Love your art and Weaveworld is one of my most reread books.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

quote:
Originally posted by wyoduckhunter:

I was an extra in "Into the Homland" and "Wild Horses", and worked on the crew of into the homeland and am almost embarrased to say; "Earth Girls are Easy"

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.

I liked "Earth Girls are Easy," although I may have been slightly altered at the time.

I wonder what David Letterman leaves in caches. Free front-row tickets to his show? Backstage passes? Copies of Paul's music? Of course, he wouldn't be able to sign the log on a visit if he left something, if he did that, they could figure out what his caching name is....but how cool would it be to find something like that? Hmmmmm.....

I've had my picture in a national paper Full Page icon_smile.gif. according to my co-workers I'm featured on a Bollywood poster for a movie shot at my work (so that makes me internationally famous)

unfortunately neither sported my name icon_frown.gif

As for the internet I'm known across several countries I've even met some of my internet friends from several states and provinces.

and I'm sure that I'm well known across several countries as "that blasted security guard that took my knife away from me" icon_wink.gif

More to see, More to do

quote:
posted May 16, 2003 02:14 PM

I wonder what David Letterman leaves in caches. Free front-row tickets to his show? Backstage passes? Copies of Paul's music? Of course, he wouldn't be able to sign the log on a visit if he left something, if he did that, they could figure out what his caching name is....but how cool would it be to find something like that? Hmmmmm.....

OK, maybe I'm just dense and missing out on the joke but I don't think anyone has said that Dave caches. At least it was not Dave wearing the CITO t-shirt Thursday night . . .