Missing Child (Modesto CA)

DiverMan

I can't imagine what you are going through, although we have been through some pretty tramatic stuff with our 15yo dgtr. Our prayers are with you.

So cachers, is there any opportunity to develop an amber alert system for ourselves? How can we help? Can users opt-in to a system where they get an email message if they are within a certain area? Would it be any help if all those cachers were called to go caching for a good cause, bringing along photos/information and other helpful tools (cell phone, digital camera etc...)? Think about it, a map of coverage could be developed from the logs, especially if timestamps were included. Just trying to start a brainstorming session here.

Thank you everyone. There have been minimal leads but some have said that they have seen her very recently and we are following up with them.

All these posts have been wonderful. Some people have said that they wish they could do more. You have. I printed this forum last night and gave it to her father last night. It lit a fire in his heart and gave him hope. You ARE doing something. You ARE helping. In more ways that you could imagine. The simple words of "Thank you" can not express the gratitude that we have. I do have you all in my prayers giving thanks for what you have done and said.

You people are wonderful. Don't let ANYONE tell you different.

God Bless you all!!

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

I have emailed your niece's pictures to our service center manager of Fedex Freight in Modesto. He has agreed to post the pictures around the service center, expecially at the driver check-in/out windows. I know our local drivers and our "line" drivers will keep an eye out for her.

My prayers are with your family.

Pop-A-Top

DM--Most heartfelt thoughts from Japan.

Stay positive--You say she has been seen in the area--that is a good indication. If, if fact she wandered from home, she will see that life without the security of home isn't what it is cracked up to be. I've worked with at risk teens in the past. We are hoping and praying that she stays safe until she makes the decision to return to the folks that care about her. Chances are, so of her close friends know of her whereabouts. That could be a tough nut to crack.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your entire family.

"I cache; therefore I am"

quote:
Originally posted by Pop-A-Top:

I have emailed your niece's pictures to our service center manager of Fedex Freight in Modesto. He has agreed to post the pictures around the service center, expecially at the driver check-in/out windows. I know our local drivers and our "line" drivers will keep an eye out for her.

My prayers are with your family.

Pop-A-Top

Pop-A-Top, this is a very good idea! They are all over town in their trucks, and can keep a watch out.

Has there been any news? Are the police getting more involved?

Planet

quote:
Some people have said that they wish they could do more. You have... It lit a fire in his heart and gave him hope. You ARE doing something. You ARE helping. In more ways that you could imagine.

For where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

The combined meditation or prayers of a group of people are very powerful and CAN make a difference.

I will dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to your niece, she and your family will be in my family's prayers. May she be protected and returned safe so that she and your family will be at peace!

"Now may every living thing, young or old, weak or strong, living near or far, known or unknown, living or departed or yet unborn, may every living thing know happiness!"

[This message was edited by cool_and_the_gang on September 26, 2003 at 05:23 AM.]

[This message was edited by cool_and_the_gang on September 26, 2003 at 05:25 AM.]

One note for you DiverMan....

You have a lot of support and help going on here. But please... when this is over, BE SURE the word gets out. The Fed-Ex posters need to be removed, people need to know it is OK to stop. And people woule like to know the final outcome. Just a suggestion for later.

Still praying.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

A quick update: We have not found her yet but we received two very strong leads last night (one from a Brisbane police officer who did a traffic stop and may have recognized her). I feel that she is not being harmed from what some people have told us (Thank God) and that we are getting very close.

Desert_Warrior, Nothing would make me happier that to have a post stating that we found her. Trust me, I will let everyone know (as I dance with joy).

Cool_and_the_gang, Thanks for the quotes!! You are so very right. That book is what is keeping us going.

Once again, Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

If you email me a couple of pictures, I'll post them in this message thread for you.

I'll also send text you can then paste directly into a message in case you want to post it elsewhere, or if the Admin will let you edit yor earlier posts after the deadline, you can put the pics in one of them.

Just click on my name at the left above my acatar and then send an email from my profil page.