Missing Child (Modesto CA)

DiverMan

I need your help. My Niece has become missing last friday (sept 19) from Brenden Theaters in Modesto CA. I would like to ask for your help when you are out caching. She has been seen in some parks in the area but we have not found her yet. If you could keep an eye out, we would appreciate it. I am currently working with the admins on a way to get the pdf file uploaded. It is a large file (about 10 megs). Please feel free to contact me via my profile. I will get the flyer up here as soon as I can.

missing_sm.jpg

larger image Flyer (PDF)

Her name is Kelly Ray Morriston. She is a white female of 14 years. She is about 5'8" about 140 pounds with mid back blonde hair and green eyes and little button nose. I am working on getting a picture up here as soon as I can. Two numbers you can contact us are (209) 543-0484 and (209)545-5509.

Thanks again for any help you can provide (just a prayer would be a great help).

missing2.jpg

Mike

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

(Added pictures, flyer and description)

[This message was edited by Jeremy (Admin) on September 24, 2003 at 11:39 AM.]

Sorry,

Her name is Kelly Ray Morriston. She is a white female of 14 years. She is about 5'8" about 140 pounds with mid back blonde hair and green eyes and little button nose. I am working on getting a picture up here as soon as I can. Two numbers you can contact us are (209) 543-0484 and (209)545-5509.

Thanks,

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

I'm very sorry to hear this. We have a 14 year old daughter and hearing something like this hits me hard. Being on the east coast, I can't offer any help, but I will pray for her safe return.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

I typically do not email out "missing child" information since so often it turns out to be fake, as identified on www.snopes2.com.

This is different. I will be sending this out to friends and family, with a link to this thread so any posted photo can be seen.

Our hopes and prayers are with you. Let's hope we can find her quickly. Please get a photo up as soon as possible.

--------------------

Searching for the lost, Geocache.......

We are in contact with several different agencies. She did not "qualify" for an amber alert because this was first treated as a "run away". (I have already had it out with the local law about this). We are trying to get her on the news and in newspapers. We are also in contact with the Pauli Class foundation. We are even doing a legal version of "batman" (doing our own searches and "stake outs"). The people in the area have been very helpful and concerned. So I have this to say. When ever I doubt that people can be mean and really don't care (there are a small few) I have to remember times like these. It has placed a new trust in kindness of people.

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

My prayers are with you and your family. I pray for her safe return home.

She did not "qualify" for an amber alert because this was first treated as a "run away". (I have already had it out with the local law about this).

There are some stringent requirements for Amber Alerts. One of them is the fact that they child must have been abducted and the abduction witnessed by someone. We have a case of an 11 year-old in a nearby community that is also missing that didn't qualify for the Alert.

Once again, I hope and pray for the safe return of your niece.

Jeff

http://www.StarsFellOnAlabama.com

http://www.NotAChance.com

If you hide it, they will come....

Sending my hopes and prayers for you and your family. If she has run away, I hope she realizes what this is doing to her family and comes home. Please, keep us posted if you hear anything.

For others with teens I found this The Teenager's Guide to the Real World online. It has 20 chapters you can read online, and if you want the rest you can order the book. There is one chapter that will be a real eye opener for any teenager even considering running away from home. I kind of wish I had read this when I was a young kid.

Planet

Beside my son in Iraq, I also have a 17 year old daughter, Desert Kid

As a father, I can understand your feelings, and you will certainly be in our prayers.

I can also tell you, words cannot express the rage a family member can feel about a situation like this. You may be tempted to "HANDLE" the situation yourself. Do not. What you are doing now is the right way. I tell you this from experience. Let the police do their job.

Please keep us posted.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I have not figured out how to add quotes like other people do but here goes:

"I can also tell you, words cannot express the rage a family member can feel about a situation like this. You may be tempted to "HANDLE" the situation yourself. Do not. What you are doing now is the right way. I tell you this from experience. Let the police do their job."

Thanks Desert_Warrior You are absolutely correct. If I were to do something of that nature, I would put my family at risk (that's the last thing they need). The way I see it is I need to focus on two things: 1. Finding my niece, and 2. Show my family strength with a purpose. (and of course, Love).

I will keep you posted. I do feel in my heart that this will end on a good note.

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

I want to give everyone a big THANK YOU for your support. I have been contacted by several people asking if they can help. GC.com has been VERY helpful in accomidating us with our search. Many thanks to Heidi and Jeremy for helping me post her information.

I can't thank you enough for your prayers and support. Most of all, I thank God for people like you in these times. I am confident that we will find her. I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Though we have never met, I can say that you are my friends and I will help you with what ever I can as well.

DiverMan

Dive Down, Dive Deep

Prayers and thoughts are well and good, but here's some helpful links:

Google "missing children"

Google missing child agency california"

Team HOPE

What to do Guide

Checklist of things to do

Some things for others in CA to do if she's spotted

Alot of these link to each other, but quite a few have some novel ideas that may not have come up in your other contacts with agencies and the internet.

--

http://www.nedevett.com/gollum.swf

I'm a little late reading this as I just got home, but I'm sorry to hear about it. I too hope and pray she is found unharmed and returned to the family fold. I do not know what I'd do if my daughter was missing or ran away, I'd be fubarred for sure.

Best of luck to you and yours.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."

I am sorry to hear this & wish you best luck in locating her safely. There is a local woman in my town who went missing and the husband put up a reward, did the local papers & tv networks. he even created a DVD. I took the DVD & turned it into a TB. I havent released it yet as I havent visited any caches where I could fit it. Just a thought but maybe you might wanna do the same? seemed like a good idea to me.