boat-only accessible caches

I too like boat caches and mostly use a kayak to access them. I have three caches on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and although all are most easily accessed by land, water routes are by far the most beautiful way to go -- Wye Knot?, Tilghman's Fortune, and Before the Bridge. There are also two island caches up on the Susquehanna River near Havre de Grace, MD -- Lil Honey and Garrett's Island and a cache with an long beach walk or a short boat (kayak) trip in Lewes, DE -- Roosevelt Inlet cache. I've also done one on the Virginia Eastern Shore by kayak, but it is now archived -- The Dunes. This fall when the weather cools a bit I'm thinking of a couple of other great places I've visited in my Bay sailing where a cache wouldn't get visited much but would be well worth the trip out on the Bay to get to it.

"All of us are standing in the mud, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

quote:
Originally posted by johnnyb5:

I boat alot here in northern calif. Does anyone no of any boat only caches up in these parts?

Johnnyb

What do you consider northern? There is one on O'Neil Forbay, one in Lake Don Pedro, one on Clear Lake (if I remeber right), I'm sure there are more.

I also have a virtual on one of the Channel Islands in Southern Cal.

george

Remember: Half the people you meet are below average.

5867_200.gif

I have (or have had or will have had) four hydrocaches in Louisiana:

• one plundered hydrocache (NOMAN),

• one existing hydrocache (Halfling a la Cache),

• one Schroedinger's hydrocache (Ferengi Wormhole), and

• one not-yet-approved hydrocache (False Profits).

Still, I've actually hunted some non-hydrocaches recently. My last 13 finds have been 3 normal caches, 3 event caches, and only 7 hydrocaches. (Well, I did visit my archived hydro, attempt my Schroedinger's hydro, and drop off my new hydro, so it's more like 10, but hey).