Pictures of GeoCache

Guest mxjohn

Guest mxjohn

Dont know about Etiquette in this GeoCacing thing. I was thinking of taking digital pictures of the cache. Just the container mind you no hints as to where it was and putting them on my website so that people know what they are looking for what do you guys think of that? Regardless I am going to do it for my own personal journal but I was thinking of doing it as a method of helping out.

MXJohn

Guest Markwell

Eeeek! I page from our history of bickering!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000206.html

My personal feeling, as long as it doesn't disclose anything about where the cache is or make it easier to find, and as long as there is an intermediary web page with a warning that there are specific pictures of the cache ahead (and spoilers), I wouldn't mind. But MANY find it offensive.

Guest jeremy

This has been beaten a bit, but I sort of treat it as a movie. If you're giving away the plot (or, worse, the ending), make sure to have 3 or 4 links before you get there. If it's just some odd comment about an aspect of the hike, no worries.

However, there are folks out there who can't resist to click click click. So you may get some backlash from photographing a cache.

Jeremy

Guest Scout

I'm afraid we're in an impossible situation.

Some people want the logs to serve like movie reviews, to decide if they should hunt this cache or not.

Others want the logs to serve like a saloon where people gather after the movie to discuss what they all just saw.

The logs can't serve both functions.

My preferred solution is to leave things as they are, that is, allow people to say what they want in the logs, and continue to warn hunters that if they don't exercise self restraint and read the logs before they go on the hunt, they just might see a spoiler or two. In other words, the logs as saloon. ;-)

Guest GeoMonkeys

we have an unwritten agreement amongst the cahers in our area, that makes things more intresting over here.

Don't post pics that will lead directly to the cache, but if you see something cool, post that, and a pic of the cache, but not in its hidden location, and not in any way that gives the location away completely. ( spoilers)

We only post photos on our own website, and if the cache owner does not like them they let us know , and we change/remove them.

Have a look at these sites for examples.

Ours: http://geomonkeys.tripod.com

Ideology: www.ideology.com.au/geocaching

cool.gif

[This message has been edited by GeoMonkeys (edited 07 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GeoMonkeys (edited 07 June 2001).]

Guest Cape Cod Cache

sposables this week, I keep a vague background (sky, normal trees etc.).

I'm rather curious though, how well have the 'dis-cams' worked so far ?