Vanished cache

On a trip down to Portland early in the year I made plans to stop at Snowbound cache at N 45º 41.112 W 121º 25.195. I’m headed back that way tomorrow, and I’d like to hit the cache, or at least the site, but it has vanished from the database. It doesn’t show as “unavailable”, and I wasn’t watching the cache, which has gotten me to archived caches in the past. I assume it is archived, but I don’t know how to get to it.

Anyone help?

I've run into this problem as well...I went to a cache and didn't try logging my visit until recently, but now the cache isn't there anymore! I assume it's been archived, but how do I log a visit to an archived cache? I'd rather not have my total number of found caches be off by one icon_frown.gif

I've run into this problem as well...I went to a cache and didn't try logging my visit until recently, but now the cache isn't there anymore! I assume it's been archived, but how do I log a visit to an archived cache? I'd rather not have my total number of found caches be off by one icon_frown.gif

I've tried searching for it from the "Hide & Seek a Cache" section of the website. I looked up the exact Lat and Long coordinates...but the cache doesn't seem to exist at all anymore! It was called "Argie's Up & Over." I don't have the GC number either, or I'd look it up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

quote:
Originally posted by Team 5-oh!:

Hide & Seek a cache and search on the waypoint. Never have had to log an archived cache b4 but that will get you to it.

This will work if you know the waypoint number (i.e. the "GCXXXX" number), but unfortunately, archived caches do not show up in any other types of searches. The only other way I know to find one after it has been archived is to find a user who had previously logged it and search for it in their list of found caches.

Moun10Bike's Geocaching Pages

Ahh! A perfect idea Moun10Bike! I had tried looking around to see if any local person was called "Argie" because that person was in the title of the hunt but couln't find him (turns out his login was somethign like Argyle). Anyway, I found the hunt and have logged my visit. Thanks again for the help.

I notice you're from Sammamish, WA...that's near North Bend, right? I'm going to be headed there in just a couple weeks...maybe I can find a Travel Bug to take across the country with me! icon_smile.gif

Ahh! A perfect idea Moun10Bike! I had tried looking around to see if any local person was called "Argie" because that person was in the title of the hunt but couln't find him (turns out his login was somethign like Argyle). Anyway, I found the hunt and have logged my visit. Thanks again for the help.

I notice you're from Sammamish, WA...that's near North Bend, right? I'm going to be headed there in just a couple weeks...maybe I can find a Travel Bug to take across the country with me! icon_smile.gif