Lost to the hurricane...

Well, I lost one of my caches to Hurricane Claudette.... well, at least one... I've not had a chance to check others in her path. I lost BB-35 4X4 (GC739E) and went and replaced it today. I have one in Port O'Connor as well, right where the hurricane came ashore, so it will be a while before I can go and check on that one as they are discouraging travel in the area unless absolutely neccessary. Others along the coast may also have been lost but I've got no reports on them yet, just have to wait and see.

Just another aspect of our little game, eh?

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Ag:

I am fine with losing caches for some reason. I have lost about 20 here or there. It is part of life. Everything has its time and place. Kind of deep. Also, I do not replace a cache after I lose it. I figured it was not meant to be.

LOL, yeah, I hear ya. But you had a LOT of caches out there, I have 5 traditionals, one is a multi. Mine are all in areas you have to work to get to. They are in spots specially picked out to be challenging to those wanting to reach them (well, except for the Port O'Connor 4X4, it's the weakest). I won't let any of them go easily.

Don't get me wrong, I expect to lose a cache or two, that's pretty normal for one located that close to the coast (like, REALLY close), but I'm just hoping I didn't lose them all at one time in one hurricane...lol. That would be a real pain. Mostly losing the logbooks. I'll update once I get a chance to check them all.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.