Which forum member would you most like to meet?

Geo Quest

Who'd I like to meet? Are there any single females in NJ or roundabouts, in their 30s, who are forum members? Count me in!

Other than that, I won't really name names. Some people have too much bran in their diet already.

----------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you be also be like him.

quote:
Originally posted by Divine:

I'd like to see if he resembles in real life the character called Normal in the show Dark Angel as much as it looks like in his avatar picture

You mean this guy:

darkangel_normal.jpg7917_1400.jpg

Well, just to set the story straight, my avatar is not me, although I decided to use it cuz that guy seems a little goofy... like me. I occasionally wear "cutting edge" style clothing, but I don't dance, but apparently neither does my avatar.

The pic in my profile is me with someone else.

quote:
Originally posted by Azog:

Who'd I like to meet? Are there any single females...

Good point.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

Well, just to set the story straight, my avatar is _not_ me

Yeah, I kinda figured that after seeing your profile pic. Funny, the avatar and Dark Angel's Normal do look the same guy. However, if the real you shows up here in Finland some day, let me know, so we could

meet anyway. icon_wink.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

I agree: any. I'd especially like to meet Jeremy so that I could thank him in person for his hard work keeping this site running.

I've met quite a few Geocachers, though, and I can honestly say that none of them are boring. Maybe it's because we have something in common - I don't know. I do like re-meeting cachers I have already met, though, because they're fun to hang out with.

Beckerbuns helped me out when I made a stupid newbie error, and MartyFouts showed me the proper etiquette for when multiple caching teams happen upon a cache at about the same time. CourtneyP was a terrific co-host for the Vasona Park Picnic. Pepper makes a to-die-for brisket, and is a great conversationalist, to boot. Pneumatic is also fun to talk to.

My favorite cacher is KATCacher, but then again, he would be, because he's my son. icon_wink.gif

The best thing I ever did was to get up the courage to attend the geocaching picnic in the greater Pleasanton area last summer. I had a great time, and learned a lot about GPS units and geocaching in general.

Shannah

I have met alot of the local cacher and some of them replay to the boards-I must say I have met and got to know some of the nicest people.In November my wife and I held a cache event where we renewed our wedding vowels.One of the local cachers even preformed the vowls and the cachers out numbered the family.

I would like to meet ClayJar.

Our wedding renewl

Everything's Eventual"-Stephen King

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I remember listening for my name, but almost never heard it because it wasn't that popular back then.

Nowadays she'd have to say "I see Brittany and Jason and Jared and Jessica and Taylor and Tyler and Logan and Alexis and Hannah and Meagan and ...

What ever happened to John, Mike, Bob, Joe, Mary, Ann, Beth, Kathy and Larry?

How do think I felt waiting for the name Helmut!!!

Times change. The faces have changed. This topic started when I had first come back to the forums after a long absence. I still like my first take. But now I'd add the people helping with Terracachers. There are a few others, but I enjoy the mystery the forum and our logs allow us to have.

It's not just anywhere a mild mannered accountant, or an unemployed bum, can become a living legend.

P.S. "Bump"

Nice to bring this topic back RK.

The last time I posted to this topic I hadn't met any cacher yet, but now I've attended to couple of events already, so I have met some really cool people.

There are many many foreign cachers I'd really like to meet in person sometimes, but I'll mention just one name now: the-ever-so-lovably-on-squid-choking briansnat. The reason: If I remember correct he once said he knows the majority of the NJ places which they have used as setting when shooting Sopranos, and that he would be able to give a good tour around those places. I'd like to join such a tour, Mr. Snat! :D

briansnat. The reason: If I remember correct he once said he knows the majority of the NJ places which they have used as setting when shooting Sopranos, and that he would be able to give a good tour around those places. I'd like to join such a tour, Mr. Snat!

I can indeed. Maybe I should just take my digital camera out and do a tour one day.

I've found even more places since. My Boone Town Falls cache is a very short distance from where Jackie Jr. was done in and some scenes were shot by my Great Falls Of the Passaic virtual.

I think it would be cool to meet some of my local mods, Criminal (I like his stories) and Kestone (I agree with him on lots of stuff) and GPSaxaphone (somewhat local and funny). Also any kidcacher would be nice to meet (as I am one). I have yet to see ANY cachers while on the hunt, but I do go to school with someone whos dad caches from time to time.

Among many others, I choose BrianSnat. For some reason, I can appreciate his straightforwardness.

As a well seasoned cacher with many good points (even though at first I thought he was just a loudmouth), I can now relate to BrianSnat wholeheartedly.

We need to respect all the veteran cachers and use the wealth of knowledge they bring to these forums.

Criminal, RK, SepticTank are others who have an uncanny ability to turn things upside down in a good way, as well.

I hope to learn more in the near future from the veteran cachers, and am in hopes that I may reach their caliber someday. :D

Please forgive me if I have left someone out, but as I'm posting, I feel like the Scooby Doo cartoon where Scooby is all out of sorts and the cartoon depicts him (actually 3 or 4 of him trying to run in each direction with his tail(s) tied in knots.

*Returning with an edit*

How can I forget UMC with all the help he gave me off the GC.com forums.

And ESPECIALLY Team 360. Man, this is a really cool person whom I've chatted with on numerous occasions. (BTW 360, no one has EVER claimed the winner....maybe you need to recheck your tips, LOL!).

Edited by opey one
Originally posted by BrianSnat: I remember listening for my name, but almost never heard it because it wasn't that popular back then.

Then from SkullyandMulder: How do think I felt waiting for the name Helmut!!!

I think I've got you both beat! :D

BTW - I'd really like to meet Briansnat and get the $5 he owes me.

Edited by HartClimbs

For laughs I'd like to meet Doc-Dean, Sparky and the Sax Man. The 3 funniest people here.

Like to play Chess with Renegade Knight, Brainsnat and Keystone Approver. They all seem like intelligent, patient guys. Good for conversation one on one.

IMHO. :D

Edited to add CarleenP and Huntlady. Who doesn't want to meet these two intelligent, independent ladies?

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers

I started making a list for this post and then had to stop because it got ridiculously long. I want to meet people that I have gotten to know from the forums, email and chat. I want to meet some great local cachers. I want to meet various people whose travel bugs I have had or cache pages I have seen. I want to meet some new people when they come to events or I see them on the trail. In general, I like meeting people, so I want to meet everyone! :tongue:

I've met most all the local regulars and big names in Texas. I'm looking foreword to meeting some noobs tomorrow....Meeting other afflicted cachers is my favorite part of all of this;

Here's some that come to mind in no particular order;

Mystery Woman

Webfoot (President of my fan club.)

Oregone (I aspire to his level of weirdness.)

Wil Wheaton

JoeFrog

Septic_Tank

RK

Criminal

El Diablo

Hikemeister

Jeremy

Hydee

Rothstafari

Saxman (just missed him last time.)

Carleenp

Astheravenflies

Markwell

Briansnat

UMC

Canadazuuk

J5

Woodster (and everyone at woodsters forum)

Totemlake

Woof & Lulu

Chris&Cindy

Kealia

Stunod

Bazzle

MissJenn

Everyone (the few) that I haven't met at texasgeocaching.com forums

The entire Louisiana Geocachers group

Oh yea and the Houston Cache Exterminator (Just gimme my log book back. That's ALL I care about.)

Hmmmmmmmm way more to list gotta finish event preparations............OK. EVERYONE ELSE.

Sn :tongue::) gans

Well, the wife used to be a student of Webfoot's, so I imagine we'll be meeting up with him on a future trip to California.

We just missed meeting Snoogans last summer because our truck broke down 10 miles away.

This summer, I might be meeting up with Upinyachit, Sparky, CO_Admin/Lapaglia, and others if our event cache works out.

I couldn't possibly list everyone I want to meet, so I'll stop now. The above list are the most likely meetings this year.

Edited by Team GPSaxophone

Snoogans, BrianSnat and GPSaxophone are the ones that come to mind right away.

Next few are Renegade Knight, Sept1c Tank, and Touchstone.

Have met quite a few on the trails and at picnics, but they always seem to run from us? Why don't you love us???

GPSaxophone, I assume if you're meeting up with Webfoot you're heading to to that OTHER portion of California, right? :tongue:

QUOTE (Markwell @ Dec 19 2002, 02:55 AM)

Romper Bomper Stomper Boo, Tell me, Tell me Tell me Do....Magic Mirror, tell me today, did all my friends have fun at play?

I like to see Centaur, Jeremy, Mopar, Eric O'Connor, BruceS, CYBret, Warm Fuzzies, JiminiminiminyZ ( <!--graemlin:--> ), and many others.

AH AH! You're the one who stole it!

You've been a Bad Bee!

Was it Do Be a DoBee or Do me a doobie???

MAN! Nobody said me! I need to get to work posting more. I would like to meet:

Goofus & Gallent - I don't think their pictures do them justice.

Briansnat - But he will need to have the squid still stuck in his throat so I'll know it's really him.

And J5 - HA! Sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Scoob

MAN! Nobody said me! I need to get to work posting more. I would like to meet:

Goofus & Gallent - I don't think their pictures do them justice.

Briansnat - But he will need to have the squid still stuck in his throat so I'll know it's really him.

And J5 - HA! Sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.

Scoob

Poooooor Scooby......you can come out to the sticks and meet me. I'm nothing like my online persona. I'm actually quite boring and plain. And when I talk to people off-line, I generally tend to make sense and can carry a conversation on topic. Whaddaya say? :tongue:

Poooooor Scooby......you can come out to the sticks and meet me. I'm nothing like my online persona. I'm actually quite boring and plain. And when I talk to people off-line, I generally tend to make sense and can carry a conversation on topic. Whaddaya say? 

--------------------

Sparky

LOL! You think YOU live in the sticks?!? Come to Southern Illinois. :D

Scoobie

I'd like to meet that trouble-making Mopar guy. Oh! Wait I did! I think he's living with me now!

I'm scared of overly romantic stuff! .....OK, your story is actually very sweet. So I want to meet both of you! And since I doubt I'll get that far east for a year or two, or likely 10.... Well, I want to meet you two, so you had better still be together when I get there! :D

Edited by carleenp

I'm glad to see this topic ressurected. For me, to list anybody here would be to slight the ones I may forget to list.

I think the coolest thing anybody can do that chats in forums like these, is to be able to meet up face-to-face. I've have equally enjoyed meeting up with those considered to be legends in the Northwest and others whom equally hold their own in the geocaching community. I hope to meet more of you.

Outside the NW, well.... I can only hope to have the opportunity to meet up with the rest of you.

Even when there are opposing opinions involved on some subjects, there's nothing like the bond that happens when you meet up like old chums and put a face to the person you only text chatted with before.

(Now make note... this is the only time I'll get this mushy.) :D

I agree with TL pretty much except that I will try to single out a few(can you say that?). :D

Briansnat-for his straightforward approach which this relocated NJ native gets.

Criminal-we seem to agree on waaay too much stuff in here, and I'd like to have a guide when I finally get to the NW.

Oregone just for kicks and giggles. I only hope he tells stories as well as he writes them.

Criminal is the person who I'd most like to meet over a few bottles of brewskis. I'm sure we'd get along quite well. Someone once called me"The Good Criminal", which (I guess) means that he's "The Bad BrianSnat". Still not sure if it was meant as a compliment or not, but I consider being mentioned in the same breath as Criminal to be an honor.

Oh, and 'd like to meet CarleenP. There aren't that many funny, adventureous, sharp, intelligent and successful women out there....well OK there is my wife...but Carleen is Irish!

And Mopar, Stayfloopy, Bassoonpilot, Hartclimbs, Dboggny and Harrald would top my list, but I've already met them, so they don't count (but I consider myself lucky for meeting them, because they is all good eggs).

Edited by briansnat

In no particular order, I'd say

Briansnat

carleenp

septic_tank

el diablo

umc

totemlake

touchstone

clayjar

criminal

to name a few. I've met a lot of nice folks through geocaching. Then again, I've also met some reeeeeaaaaly weird folks.

Edited by joefrog