Are You a Con-Cache-Tador

Several of my fellow Texas cachers have broken 300 finds before their 1st geocaching anniversary. To do so, you need to average nearly one cache a day. I personally had 65 finds in my first 70 days (I started on 3/1/03.) with no signs of slowing down.

I am curious as to haw many people are maintaining a 25 or more cache per month ratio and who can claim the most caches in one year starting from any date.

Concachetador: (n) 1. One who relentlessly conquers their cache objectives and maintains at least a .7 cache per day average for a period of at least one month. 2. A person who conquers 300 or more caches in one year.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

PS- Beat ya to it again, JamesJM.icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

I'd guess your cache density is a little higher than that of Missoula, MT. One cache a day would be nice. There aren't enough caches in Montana yet to be able to do one a day. And that is OK with us!

We are not Con-Cache-tadors unless we drive to Spokane or Coeur D'Alene. Or go on vacation. Then we conquer as many as we can fit into the day. icon_smile.gif

-Jennifer (of Jennifer&Dean)

Age does not bring wisdom, but it does give perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamethiel:

I'd guess your cache density is a little higher than that of Missoula, MT. One cache a day would be nice. There aren't enough caches in Montana yet to be able to do one a day. And that is OK with us!

We are not Con-Cache-tadors unless we drive to Spokane or Coeur D'Alene. Or go on vacation. Then we conquer as many as we can fit into the day. icon_smile.gif

-Jennifer (of Jennifer&Dean)

I thought "cache density" was when you couldn't find a cache even with the hint. icon_razz.gif

Naw, you've gotten cache density and cacher density confused. Cache density is when you can go to work via a different route every day and still not get all your local caches. Cacher density is when you can't find the cache,even with the hint. And it happens mainly when the owner of said cache is standing behind you chortling.

-Jennifer

I am wondering what is the saturation point for an area? When do you say "There are enough caches here. Any more will start detracting from the sport."?

========================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

I am wondering what is the saturation point for an area? When do you say "There are enough caches here. Any more will start detracting from the sport."?

If you start a thread on it, I'm sure you will get some quick answers.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamethiel:

Cacher density is when you can't find the cache,even with the hint. And it happens mainly when the owner of said cache is standing behind you chortling.

-Jennifer

I resemble that remark from both points of view.

Caches seem to be increaseing exponentially.

When I started there were 79 within 100 miles of my home. When I broke 200 there were just over 400 caches in my state. When I hit 400 there were 900+ caches in my state, 500+ in my orginal home area, and 254 in my new home (I moved in the interim).

I doubt I've kept up with 1 per day due to the move, but as this area catches up to my original home turf I have no doubt that it will happen again.

One side effect of the increased caches is that people can hit the big numbers easier than others who started sooner in the sport.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

I checked my logs, and it looks like my high is 295 caches in a 365 day period (5/17/2002 to today). Though I only did 2 caches from 5/17/2002 to 6/27/2002, so if I do more than 7 before June 27th, then I'll go over 300 for a year period. I think I can handle that [icon_smile.gif]

quote:
Originally posted by regoarrarr:

I checked my logs, and it looks like my high is 295 caches in a 365 day period (5/17/2002 to today). Though I only did 2 caches from 5/17/2002 to 6/27/2002, so if I do more than 7 before June 27th, then I'll go over 300 for a year period. I think I can handle that [icon_smile.gif]

You're already a concachetador!

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....http://www.texasgeocaching.com

4/5/2002 - 5/2/2002 = 35 finds

June 2002 = 49 finds

August 2002 = 52 finds

March 2003 = 54 finds

Looks like I better get busy for the year to year totals though, the highest was 279 between April 02 through March 03.

"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec."

-Marcus Dolengo

I-m a nonconcachetador: (n) 1. One who maintains no more than 1 cache per 7 days average for a period of at least 2 years. 2. A person who will take 30 years to conquer 300 or more caches.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I-m a _ nonconcachetador:_ (n) 1. One who maintains no more than 1 cache per 7 days average for a period of at least 2 years. 2. A person who will take 30 years to conquer 300 or more caches.

_"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues"_ -Abraham Lincoln

Cache more, post less! :D

Noel

W8TVI's Geocaching Pictures

MIGO_logo_animated88x31.gif

GeoX Geocaching gear!

That torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit the hull. And I....was never here.

I've already broken the 300 mark and my Anv isn't until August, I'm well on pace to hit 400 by then. My personal goal is to average one cache found per day icon_smile.gif

-------------------------------------

Hope is the destination that we seek.

Love is the road that leads to hope.

Courage is the motor that drives us.

We travel out of darkness into faith.

-=The Book Of Counted Sorrows=-

Its been 32 days since i found my first cache and I am at 76 finds as of today. I doubt i can mantian this since i'll have to drive farther and farther for eache future cache. But if i can I would have 866.875 caches by my one year anniversary. icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Halloween

haha...in addition to these numbers, I can tell i am addicted because I typed "eache"

[This message was edited by Woof! on May 20, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Woof!:

Its been 32 days since i found my first cache and I am at 76 finds as of today. I doubt i can mantian this since i'll have to drive farther and farther for eache future cache. But if i can I would have 866.875 caches by my one year anniversary. icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Halloween

haha...in addition to these numbers, I can tell i am addicted because I typed "eache"

[This message was edited by Woof! on May 20, 2003 at 09:01 PM.]

You Sir or Madam, are not only a concacetador of the first order; I think I need to start a new thread in your honor. I'll call it Uber-Noobie or something like that for the shortest time to 50 finds. (Heck, I only have 65.) WOW! icon_eek.gif

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....http://www.texasgeocaching.com

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Several of my fellow Texas cachers have broken 300 finds before their 1st geocaching anniversary. To do so, you need to average nearly one cache a day. I personally had 65 finds in my first 70 days (I started on 3/1/03.) ... I am curious as to haw many people are maintaining a 25 or more cache per month ratio ...

Let's see; I got my first hundred in around 70 days, back when caches were few and far between. 600 in my first year. Only 400 in my second year.

Like you, my interest in geocaching has not waned; I've just become more selective. I still make the effort to visit as many of the local caches (I consider a 25-30 mile radius to be 'local') as I can. Back when there were few caches to find in my region, one had to travel long distances just to find any cache, regardless of its quality.

Now, the only reasons for me to pick up caches far from home are if they feature a really good hike/challenge or I'm working in the area and have the time to grab a few locals.

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

You Sir or Madam, are not only a concacetador of the first order; I think I need to start a new thread in your honor. I'll call it Uber-Noobie or something like that for the shortest time to 50 finds. (Heck, I only have 65.) WOW! icon_eek.gif

You'll notice that Woof!, the Uber-Noobie, just broke the 500 mark yesterday. Congrats Woof!! I guess maybe she isn't much of a noobie any more. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

...Be nice to your fellow geocachers, they might be Hemlock...

I have 117 in 9 months which averages 13 caches a month or 0.43 caches a day.

I guess I fall in to the nonconcachetador class, since I have a job and a family

and it will take me forever to get to 300 caches! icon_eek.gif

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

[This message was edited by Doc-Dean on October 27, 2003 at 10:06 AM.]

My problem (besides being bone-headed enough to not find it) is that dreaded word -- WORK -- gets in the way. There's only so much I can do on the weekends with the family in tow, and I've exhausted the major percentage of lunch-hour reasonable driving distance during the week. The time change isn't my friend in helping me find, either.

Sigh...

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"