How do I know if my cache is too close?

Phideo

You can do the expertgps thing. Or the poormans way is to figure out which caches are near your planned site, then measure it with the GPS. Best way is if you use PQ's or enter all the caches nearby the location into your gps. Go to the spot and tell the gps to show the nearest cache.

But, one thing is that there may be a part of a multi near there and if so, then according to the discussion from the approvers, it will not be a approved. But you won't know that unless an approver declines it for that reason or unless you already know about the part of the multi in question.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse16 & Code3:

I was curious too about this .10 mile rule. Yesterday I was searching for caches to hunt and I found several places where caches are not abiding by the rule, some seem to be within feet of other caches. Thoughts?

Firehouse16 & Code3

"Dave, Teresa & the 2 kids"

I'm sure these caches outdate the enforcement of the rule.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

quote:

I was curious too about this .10 mile rule. Yesterday I was searching for caches to hunt and I found several places where caches are not abiding by the rule, some seem to be within feet of other caches. Thoughts?

Firehouse16 & Code3

"Dave, Teresa & the 2 kids"

I too have searched for caches that come close to breaking this rule. Personally I don't like them bunched too close, and a rule is a rule! I wish people would abide by them.

I keep a GPX file of all caches in my area.

When I am going to place a new one I simply load up the file to my GPS and then I know if I am near a cache or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

quote:

Our Twisted Tower Treasure is only 304 feet from 'Swonderful and both were approved well after the rule about .1 mile.

In our case, there was an exception made because 'Swonderful is on an island and the nearest boat launch is well over .1 mile away.

pirate.cgi.gif