Microcache question

joefrog

Okay, I mixed the two subjects I was thinking up while posting. Gimmie a break, it's 5 pm here.

Now, rephrased -- if a site is already used for a virtual cache, can it also be used as a step while searching for a multi?

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

Okay, I mixed the two subjects I was thinking up while posting. Gimmie a break, it's 5 pm here.

Now, rephrased -- if a site is already used for a virtual cache, can it also be used as a step while searching for a multi?

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Sounds the same as your first question, to me.. could you clarify the difference?

quote:
Originally posted by Kite & Hawkeye:

Sounds the same as your first question, to me.. could you clarify the difference?

LOL... it does, doesn't it? Geez... I must be tired, I'm going home!

Joel (joefrog)

No, the 'stages' of a multicache are treated as individual caches, whether they are virtual or not. Since there is already a virtual there, the spot has been claimed.

If you feel a traditional cache (including the final cache of a multi) could be placed where a virtual currently exists, you may ask that the virtual be archived to place a 'real' cache there.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

If you feel a traditional cache (including the final cache of a multi) could be placed where a virtual currently exists, you may ask that the virtual be archived to place a 'real' cache there.

And have no friends...lol

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

QUOTE]"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Actually, I perfer a good hot sauce like Tapatio or Cholula over ketchup!!! icon_redface.gif

Anyway, I don't under stand how a vert. could be used as a stage in a multi. If there was nothing but a view, how would you get the coordinates for the next stage?

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Well now, since a multi cache can hide clues inside normal caches, what is the purpose of making it so the stages don't "Match" where another cache is at?

It seems like a big waste of time to check anything other than either the start, or end.

Trogdor! you can use numbers on the plaque for the virtual as clues for the coordinates for the next stage. This is not uncommon.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Trogdor! you can use numbers on the plaque for the virtual as clues for the coordinates for the next stage. This is not uncommon.

Exactly -- it's a historic marker I was hinting about.

Joel (joefrog)

quote:
Originally posted by joefrog:

Exactly -- it's a historic marker I was hinting about.

Joel (joefrog)

Could you make the step one which requires answering a question or two? Then offer folks the option to go to the marker or find the information somewhere else, which ever they prefer?

If you provide the coordinates as one possible place to get their answers, most folks would likely go there, but it wouldn't be required.

Run it by your local approver and see what they think.

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Doh!

So you want a stage of your multi to take you to the next stage (which happens to be an existing vert) and then use certin numbers viewed at that location to get you to the third stage? I don't know what would be wrong with that. Wouldn't you get to also log a find on that existing vert?

When in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

quote:
Originally posted by Trogdor!:

Doh!

So you want a stage of your multi to take you to the next stage (which happens to be an existing vert) and then use certin numbers viewed at that location to get you to the third stage? I don't know what would be wrong with that. Wouldn't you get to also log a find on that existing vert?

That's what I was wondering... I want it to be a themed cache, and that particular marker I'm thinking of is a KEY element in the theme!

Heck, it'd even increase visits to the existing virtual.

Joel (joefrog)