Cache site problems.

Guest WJJagFan2

Guest WJJagFan2

al area which already experiences a lot of impact, and this, of course, also contributed to the loss. It is possible some kids were exploring in the area and followed the trail back to the cache.

The other big problem, is that the cache site is visible from qite a few homes in the area. As GeoHunters would locate and look through the cache, it is not only possible, but likely they could be seen by neighbors.

I changed locations and placed a new cache.

It is now located in the same area, but the site is hidden from the view of others, and is back in the brush near an existing trail.

Anyway, lesson learned.

Guest makaio

At least yours ws stolen by an apparent passerby who 'stumbled' across it. One of mine was intentionally stolen by a local imbecile who decided to appoint himself "geocahing villain" (according to the notes he left). He then transplanted the cache (or so he says) and posted it as a new cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3939

Thankfully, Jeremy was kind enough to archive it at my request (this caused him to steal yet another one of my caches) Unfortunately, the moron reposted the coords as a 'new' cache of his own.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=4011

If it weren't so cost unnafective, I'd go there and take it back, but it's hardly worth the effort. Regardless, all the more active cachers in our area are fully aware of this basket case and have all agreed not to hunt any caches he places.

Both of mine have since been replaced. Time will tell if he decides to continue is adolescent antics.