How many.....?

Guest moghedian

Guest moghedian

How many people have gotten soaked in nice, smelly, stagnant water on their very first day of Geocaching? Our first day was today, and golly did I get soaked good!! Some boards across a swampy, culvert-ish type thing. A "No Problem!" attitude, and zoinks!!! in the water I go! My wife made it with no problem. Nice, small, easy steps. Me on the other hand, half way across, up to my waist in muck. Very funny though. Took a picture from the Cache Camera to remember the occasion!! 2 caches today and despite the soaking, ready to do more!! Anyone else with similar stories on their very 1st day?

Guest k2dave

I had several 'foot' soakers while hiking (never step off a snowshoe while you are standing above a gully) and got caught out in some downpours - none so far geocaching though.

Guest Eoghan

Moghedian, Why don't you just weave strands of air around yourself and tie them off to stay dry?

(sorry for going off topic, just couldn't resist with that name)

Guest Gliderguy

yea, exactly what are the Coordinates for the cache with that water-shield Ter'an'greal anyway?

Or as the Wheel of time game forums have been saying "its the Taint!"

Apologies to anyone (other than Eoghan and Moghedian, obviously) who doesnt recognize the reference to the Wheel of Time fantasy books by Robert Jordan, and the computer game of the same name by Legend entertainment.