Happy Anniversary to me!

Mopar

Just noticed that today is my "official" one year anniversary here!

Guess it didn't hit me sooner, because I actually discovered geocaching a year before that, when it was mentioned at Slashdot. The nearest cache to me at that time was something like 700 miles away, so I put it on the back burner for a bit.

Then I came back to it around August 2001, and wow, what a difference!

I actually spent probably a month or so, just reading the forums and stuff, before I felt like I had anything to post. Didn't actually register until that time. So I'm not really sure when my geocaching anniversary is, so I guess today is as good as any! Too bad the weather is crappy or I would have gone and grabbed a cache to celebrate. :

Illegitimus non carborundum!

I just checked and I realized that my 1 year anniversary was last week. Congrads Mopar. Now get your butt up north a bit and find some of my caches. They are getting very lonely!

Also, check the Mopar's link. It's an old discussion about Geocaching by non (at the time) Geocachers. Very interesting. http://slashdot.org/articles/00/09/25/2030252.shtml

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on September 27, 2002 at 05:17 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

And good to see you're out picking up a cache again, every now and then. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, BP(and everyone else!)!!

You scare me Mark, because you started just a few weeks before I did, and have something like 600 finds more then me! YOW! I wish I could find the time to squeeze them in like you do! And Stayfloopy, your even worse yet! Not happy to be one of the top Georgers in the country, and a great artist, you had to do the same with caching! Is there ANYTHING you're a failure at? Please, just so I know you really are human! icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I just checked and I realized that my 1 year anniversary was last week. Congrads Mopar. Now get your butt up north a bit and find some of my caches. They are getting very lonely!

Yeah, yeah, Like BP said, I've slacked off a bit over the summer(ok, I've slacked off ALOT!), but they keep hiding caches close to home! Heck, I haven't even hit all the ones within 10 miles yet! I tell ya what.... I'll at least bump Swamp Thing up the list a bit. I seem to have a thing for swamps, anyway. :

quote:

And good to see you're out picking up a cache again, every now and then. icon_smile.gif

You scare me Mark, because you started just a few weeks before I did, and have something like 600 finds more then me! YOW! I wish I could find the time to squeeze them in like you do! And Stayfloopy, your even worse yet! Not happy to be one of the top Georgers in the country, and a great artist, you had to do the same with caching! Is there ANYTHING you're a failure at? Please, just so I know you really are human! icon_smile.gif

quote:

Yeah, yeah, Like BP said, I've slacked off a bit over the summer(ok, I've slacked off ALOT!), but they keep hiding caches close to home! Heck, I haven't even hit all the ones within 10 miles yet! I tell ya what.... I'll at least bump Swamp Thing up the list a bit. I seem to have a thing for swamps, anyway. :

quote:

quote:

I have cellibrated 3 one year anniversaries in the last couple weeks myself.

9-14 - One year aniversary of becoming a member of Geocaching.com.

9-16 - One year aniversary of my first placed cache Computer Graveyard.

9-23 - One year aniversary of finding my very first cache Camp Livingston #1.

Its been a fun year, and Im looking forward to finding more by my 2nd year aniversary than the piddly 143 that I found in my first year.

Again Mopar Congratulations Buddie..

Maybe I should I send you a Picture to commomerate your aniversary? icon_biggrin.gif

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.

I have cellibrated 3 one year anniversaries in the last couple weeks myself.

9-14 - One year aniversary of becoming a member of Geocaching.com.

9-16 - One year aniversary of my first placed cache Computer Graveyard.

9-23 - One year aniversary of finding my very first cache Camp Livingston #1.

Its been a fun year, and Im looking forward to finding more by my 2nd year aniversary than the piddly 143 that I found in my first year.

Again Mopar Congratulations Buddie..

Maybe I should I send you a Picture to commomerate your aniversary? icon_biggrin.gif

Buck8Point

Buck8Point

-------------------------

If I can't Fix it, It's Definately Broke.