SMALL microcache container sugestions...

MTBguy

I am wanting to place a microcache in a local park, but I can't think of a good container to use. I am looking for something about the size of a AA batterie, just big enough to roll up a small log. Anybody have any suggestions?

The Mountain Bike Guy from Joplin MO

------------------------------------

Long Live Long Rides

quote:
Originally posted by mph6563:

I think I've seen hollow pendants for storing pills (on a chain around your neck). They would be about the right size.

Ask your local pharmacy for a nitroglycerine pendant. (The heart medicine, not the explosive.) icon_eek.gif

They are usually about that size and designed to hold small pills at the ready.

You might also check at a hiking/fishing store (maybe even Walmart) for a waterproof match holder. Also about that size, and I have even seen a few that were painted camoflage colors or made from olive drab or black plastic. Probably cheaper than the nitro pendants, and are made to seal against moisture.

Dave_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

Even though I do NOT reccommend ANY of the types of ephedra pills sold over-the-counter, I have noticed many that were sold in packages of three, which the container was a small, cylindrical item that held three pills.

It had a top sufficient enough to "snap" down on the rest of the container, but I think that it would leak after at least a moderate downpour.

It measured about three inches and held three pills, the container would hold (for instance, maybe five to eight Andrew Jacksons tightly).

Most common names were "Stacker 2", "Stacker 3", "Yellow Jacket", "Black Beauty", and so on.

I have actually used the "Yellow Jacket" brand, and believe me, the name suits the effect.....Nervousness, anxiety, my heart racing, and shaking all over, much like the bee would bee.

Many ill effects derive from using these pills and they are NOT approved by the FDA.

Anyway, Oh, yeah! They make a great microcache container, if proven they will not leak. Thanks O1

[This message was edited by opey one on April 25, 2003 at 02:58 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

I do NOT reccommend ANY of the types of ephedra pills sold over-the-counter.

I have actually used the "Yellow Jacket" brand, and believe me, the name suits the effect.....Nervousness, anxiety, my heart racing, and shaking all over, much like the bee would bee.

I'm certified in CPR and accredited in Advanced First Aid in the state of Virginia, and I highly reccommend that those not prescribed ephedra or any likeness, not to use them over the counter unless doctor presribed. Many ill effects derive from using these pills and they are NOT approved by the FDA. O1

We are both pharmacists and have been telling people for years how dangerous ephedra is. Unfortunately, people think because they are "natural herbals" that they are safe. Wrong. Congress passed an act years ago that changed the way these drugs were regulated. Instead of the herbal drug companies having to prove their safety and efficacy like the prescription drugs, the FDA has to prove instead that these drugs are dangerous. A multimillion dollar industry was born. The dollar first, people's health last.

Sorry this is off topic.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

try using 1/4 inch pvc pipe with 2 caps glue one on and leave the other unglued, i will be hiding some using this idea soon, any hardware or plumbing store will have it, this is a very cheap way to make many microcontainers you can even make one end threaded to make sure one cap doesnt fall of and let the log get wet

quote:
Originally posted by oicu812:

Most camping stores sell this little item for around three dollars. It might do the trick for you.

Yep, I found a similar (if not identical) item at Wal-Mart for 80 cents or so. They're in the camping/sporting goods area, and sold as waterproof match containers. They are roughly one inch in diamater and three inches long, with a rubber seal around the threads at the neck.

61548_400.jpg

I used them as the six micros in my Hunt the Wumpus multi/puzzle cache.

57027_1500.gif

mini- M&M tubes will hold 60 quarters(enough room for a rolled up log, a small pen/pencil, and big enough for a home-made geocaching sticker on the outside) they only cost about a buck, you can get them at any gas station,and....

you get to eat the candy....

grin

iworkhere