What does ""HOLD" mean?

Yep, here it is from the Maryland Geocaching Society's cache approval tips page

quote:
Many approvers use the cache title as a status reminder to other admins and to let them know someone is working with you. You may or may not have noticed an admin putting a HOLD on your cache title while he or she researches or discusses the issue. DO NOT remove the HOLD from the title if this should happen. It is disrespectful to the admin working with you and confusing to other admins.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

I put that cache on hold as we've had some legal concerns expressed about a similar one in California. It's under discussion among the admins. You're welcome to e-mail me if you like.

The issue is one of stopping on a hill on a public street, putting a car in neutral, then having it roll in an unexpected direction. I'm sure if you've run it by the local police and it's fine with them it'd be fine with the site, but since the cache page did not mention that we felt some discussion was in order.

erik - geocaching.com admin

quote:
I don't think the county is trying to lure folks in to be ticketed by the police.

You mean this isn't like Georgia, where speed traps and such are considered a profit center?

~erik~

PS - based on gnbrotz's link I'm posting the cache, but putting it on my watch list. I trust no one will log that the cache caused them to have an accident. icon_wink.gif

erik - geocaching.com admin

[This message was edited by ~erik~ on April 10, 2003 at 02:57 PM.]