Let's talk tires

cachew nut

Cheap ones. I hate spending money on tires so I get them as cheap as I can and don't worry too much how long they last.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

It's dark out, I have to look in the daytime. Some other day. It's whatever came with the car, cuz it's fairly new. I have too much else to remember right now. If I have to remember that too, I'll have to delete something important in my brain, to make memory room and I'm not ready for that.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

Round ones....

I find the one that are flat on one side do not roll well.... And when I asked for square ones, the guy in tire store just shook his head and walked of muttering....

Dale

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm Diagonally Parked, In A Parallel Universe.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since there has only been 1 serious reply!

I run BF Goodrich 31/10.50/R15 AT/KO’s. So far I have put about 15,000 miles on them great grip on pavement! But more importantly they are also good on…

Sand

obx4.jpg

Dirt

offroad2.jpg

Rocks

dscn1901.jpg

Snow…??? Don’t know yet I bought them in March! Hope it snows soon!

I have a '98 Chevy Cavalier that I bought used a year ago, and I still have the tires that came with it--they are two different brands, and they have good enough rubber that I haven't felt compelled to replace them. I used to be Infantry, so anything closer than 12 miles is just a walk in the park, thus I haven't had to drive through anything that tested the limits of my vehicle or the attached tires to get to a cache.

Think Globally, Act Locally

Recently on my cachemobile I tried....

FLAT tires!

While driving around planning our latest multicache, The Leprechauns had a flat tire due to the tread wearing clean through to the belt. We didn't let it hold up our plans, so we pulled our mountain bikes out of the back, took a bike ride, and placed the cache containers along the way, so now people can hunt for Elves Been Workin' on the Trail Road .

The next day, I drove into Discount Tire Center on the doughnut spare. They had two new Goodyear tires mounted on my rims and back on the car in ten minutes! It felt like an Indy pit stop. I immediately drove home, met a friend and spent the rest of the day geocaching, as I had scheduled a day off. Really nice of a tire store to recognize a geocaching addict and give quick service.

Moral of the story: Don't let your obsession with geocaching get in the way of common-sense vehicle maintenance. If you're increasing the average monthly mileage on your car, you should increase your maintenance schedule, too.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Please attend our seminar, "Geocaching for Time Travelers," which will be held two weeks ago.

The old land rover has Yokohama Geo-landers. As finances permit they will be replaced with BF goodrich mud-terrains. However, thats a fairly serious off-road beast(when it runs correctly).

The Audi has Kumho Escta 712's in the summer, excellant dry and wet traction, also good for the occasional autocross. The snowy/muddy months find the audi with Nokian Hakkapelita 1's. The moutain bike has some old ritchey Z-max tires.

AchStone

The Subaru Forester came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires. I got the car in March, so I don't know how they'll be in the snow. They have 17,000 +/- miles on them now and don't show much sign of wear and tear. Only went off the road a few times so far, I mean of course driving into the woods, not veering off the road accidentally.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)