New update for etrex Ledgend

Waterboss

I've been using it for a couple of days with no problems. In fact it seems to acquire a position lock faster when first turned on than the previous version.

I'm not sure where the extra memory comes from for the expanded track log, maybe the data is being compressed before it's stored.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

I was just on the Garmin site and I cannot find a link to the version 3.01 beta upgrade. Can anyone post a link to the download. I have put all the other upgrades in my legend and have had no problems. Of course, the waypoints do go away, but I don't consider that a problem as I have them all on floppy and in my laptop, too. Just a matter of seconds to replace!

Thanks in advance!

Ya'll never mind! I just located it! Thanks again, anyway!

I can go anywhere!! ... (if my wife lets me)

quote:
Originally posted by CdirtO:

I was just on the Garmin site and I cannot find a link to the version 3.01 beta upgrade. Can anyone post a link to the download. I have put all the other upgrades in my legend and have had no problems. Of course, the waypoints do go away, but I don't consider that a problem as I have them all on floppy and in my laptop, too. Just a matter of seconds to replace!

Thanks in advance!

Here's the link:

http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp

The 3.01 beta link is the sixth from the top. Enjoy!

--CoronaKid

Ok, so far no problems here either. I DO like the extra waypoints and routes. I had saved all waypoinst in Ozi and Mapsource before upgrading.

As far as the extra waypoints, would I be correct in presuming that a small amount of the 8MB Ram would be used for the extra data? I can't see it being stored on the firmware side. I think we're sacrificing a very small amount of Mapsource memory. It's worth it.

I think I may have found a glitch. After loading about 4MB of MapSource data, my Legend now says it has 4% of memory used. I find that difficult to believe, but if it's true, it would be a nice bonus. I also note that the battery indicator is not as accurate as before. I finished caching today with it reading one quarter, and as I type this, it is saying full. Interesting, how that can happen without charging the batteries. (Nimh)