Digital video; digital camera

Alan2

Just got my first digital camera that has a digital video feature. It's a tiny 3 megapixel unit that stays on my belt. This is more fun than geocaching, especially since there's been little caching lately due to the snow around here.

What's been people's experience in using video as well as "snaps" on the their cache hunts. Any interesting "twists" ideas or stories or suggestions? Bragging's allowed. icon_cool.gif

Alan

I use a DV camcorder on all my hunts. We have complete footage of our first hunt. I generally only use it as a camera on hunts any longer.

There is a new cacher near me who has put together some nice video of his new adventures into geocaching.

Other than that, port it to VHS tape and send it all your friends and family to show them the joy geocaching! icon_smile.gif

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose

One of the reasons why I started geocaching is because I am an avid amateur photographer. The two go hand in hand.. Photograph a great area you may not have otherwise known existed without caching. I haven't got any bizarre stories (yet - just started caching) but I have been experimenting with different ways to develop some sort of multi cache based on pictures.. I'll let you know what I come up with.

[This message was edited by Being Clever on February 27, 2003 at 04:02 PM.]

I find that videotaping a hunt at first feels rather dorky and unnecessary, until I get home and view the tape- or until I view the tapes while theres a foot of snow on the ground! It's also a great way to introduce non-cachers to out sport!

I also like showing fresh footage to my father, who first pointed out the article in USA Today that introduced me to this sport... He seems to really get a kick out of watching the video... He's not the 'hiking' type, but he still likes seeing what his son is up to.

As far as still pics, ever since I got my new Clie (a Palm Pilot with a camera), I'm taking pictures of all sorts of things on cache hunts!

If you have a camera, try taking it on your next hunt!

When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If you're going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce.

-H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

quote:
Originally posted by WaldenRun:

I try to include a digipic or two with most of my cache logs. My camera does take short video clips as well. I recently included a video link when I logged my http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=177420&L=1030226 find.

-WR

"Besides physical caches, we have VIRTUal and VIRTUeless."

That was a pretty neat video. What kind of camera do you use? I see the video size is 160 x 120 pixels. I guess you got to use the smaller format to keep the megs down for the web and email.

Tks again Alan