Seasonal Cache Containers

flat_lander

I was just curious if many cache placers changed the camo, or container itself, based on the season. For example, a green and leafy camo for spring/summer, and a brown and twiggy cammo for winter/fall? The part of the country I live in has distinct seasons and the foliage changes to prove it. Re-camo'ing the cache seems like it might be needed to keep it safe.

Interesting idea. Maybe next time I paint an ammo box I'll do a spring/summer camo job on one side and more of a fall/winter on the other. Hopefully people will get the idea and keep it turned over to the appropriate side.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I don't go that far, but I do try to make the camo match the hiding spot. Mostly browns & greens if it's in the bushes. Mostly blacks and greys if it's hidden among rocks.

I'd go crazy trying to match my container to the season!

A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away. -Barry Goldwater

Hmm. now that I've collected it for the season, perhaps I should put up a picture of the container for this one.

It is a large ammo can that I painted up in winter cammo, then painted a red "ribbon" around the container and tied a big red bow to the top along with a "gift tag".

Somewhere in the forums, someone posted a picture of their container which has winter cammo on one side and summer on the other. You just rehide the container with the appropriate side facing out depending on the season.

- - - - -

Wisconsin Geocaching Association