No bumper stickers in the store?

I can't seem to find any bumper stickers -- or, basically, just a sticker of the nice, color GeoCaching.com logo (i.e. the 4 squares). Are they just temporarily out and therefore not listed right now? Or do they not carry them? It just seems that it would be one of the most common items -- for a bumper sticker or whatever -- to have just the logo as a sticker.

Let me know if I should just keep checking for more stock or if it is a matter of them just not selling them. Thanks!

- John...

Look here.

They don't seem to have the website logo available now, but I did find one in a cache some time ago. I'm not sure if it came from this website, or elsewhere, but being that GC.COM is protective of its logo (of course), I bet it came from here.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

I don't think the Groundspeak store has ever had a bumper sticker, just the window cling. But what I'm missing is the original T-shirt. The originalT-shirt appears to be gone and has been replaced with a new T-Shirt, with the new Frog Mascot on the front. While it's a cute shirt, I doubt I will buy one. I would prefer the classic look of the orignal shirt over the new cartoon character shirt. Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure the new shirt will sell well. I just wish the original shirt was still available, mine has seen it's better days and needs to be replaced.

I'll cast a vote for a color logo vinyl sticker too.

icon_smile.gif

Newbie here.. I scored a Geo patch on my second cache and thought it was such a great find! I slapped that bad-boy onto my backpack asap! Of course, I damaged my iron (unused for several years) in the process. Hey, I don't claim to be a domestic goddess, just a girl out to have some fun! I did order another patch (to leave in a future cache), along with some Euro style "bumpah-stickahs" for our vehichles. I think they said GEO and GPS... haven't arrived yet. We like the colorful logo, and I had recently posted a query about it's meaning. Our kiddo's had fun guessing about it. Although, none of us came up with the infamous CHOPSTICK explanation! LOL! Thanks to Tikiroy, I know what it stands for (sort of)icon_smile.gif If I were extra clever (and I am not) I could post the link here, like some people do. If you can tell me how to do so, good for you! As you can see, I am not only new to caching, but somewhat of a virgin to this "message thingy". I can send an email, or surf the net, but this other stuff tends to elude me. Cache ya later!

The5Brats

quote:
Originally posted by The5Brats:

Newbie here.. If I were extra clever (and I am not) I could post the link here, like some people do. If iyou can tell me how, good for you!

When the reply window opens there is a button next to the smiley face that says URL, click it and in the URL box put the link addr (http://whatever.wherever.etc) and in the title box put what name you want the link to show up as. Hope this helps! frog.gif Free your mind and the rest will follow frog.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

quote:
Originally posted by The5Brats:

Newbie here.. If I were extra clever (and I am not) I could post the link here, like some people do. If iyou can tell me how, good for you!

When the reply window opens there is a button next to the smiley face that says URL, click it and in the URL box put the link addr

(http://whatever.wherever.etc) and in the title box put what name you want the link to show up as. Hope this helps! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-089.gif

---------------------------------------------------

frog.gif Free your mind and the rest will follow frog.gif

Thanks, Doc-Dean. Not sure why my reply is coming up directly on your response, but, what the hay? Anyhow, let me try a link here, www.littleawards.com this is a site to order general or personalized pins, buttons, etc at decent prices. Let's see if the link works.

Cache you soon

The5Brats

quote:
Originally posted by murrcat:

I don't think the Groundspeak store has ever had a bumper sticker, just the window cling. But what I'm missing is the original T-shirt. The originalT-shirt appears to be gone and has been replaced with a new T-Shirt, with the new Frog Mascot on the front. While it's a cute shirt, I doubt I will buy one. I would prefer the classic look of the orignal shirt over the new cartoon character shirt. Of course that's just my opinion, I'm sure the new shirt will sell well. I just wish the original shirt was still available, mine has seen it's better days and needs to be replaced.

I'll cast a vote for a color logo vinyl sticker too.

icon_smile.gif

I've never seen the normal logo on a shirt. There is the Serial # T-shirt, the Crayon T-shirt, the CITO T-shirt, and the new Frog T-shirt.

Why can't we have a regular T-shirt?

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

The original T-Shirt had a large color block grid on the back with the words "Geocaching" below it. The front had the words, "The GPS Cache Hunt" "www.geocaching.com" on the upper left breast. That's all, it was a very classic looking T-shirt and I'm sure will be missed by many. I hope they bring that shirt back. I'm sure it was a best seller.

quote:
Originally posted by DadONine:

I've seen stickers in different caches I've found. Not necessarily bumper stickers, but more like rear window stickers. Where did they get them? Or did they make them?

Or what?

DadONine

They are made by different people and are quite easy to make if you have a printer. You can find the static film at Best Buy, Office Max and other such stores. To find a printable logo, go to the "Logo usage" on the main page of Geocaching and read the guidelines.

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

quote:
Originally posted by Mark 42:

I looked everyehre, and couldn'd find anything about Logo Usage.

There was an old message thread that had it mentioned, but the

link that was given back then is now a dead link.

[This message was edited by Mark 42 on August 18, 2003 at 03:38 PM.]

Well now...you didn't quite look everywhere. Go to the main Geocaching page and scroll all the way to the bottom...now read the very fine print and it is the last thing mentioned.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

Sheesh. I never thought of that. How big should it be? like parking sticker big or bumper sticker big?

I would go with parking sticker size. I like that size, bumper sticker size is more obnoxious. But I am not a bumper sticker person.

quote:

quote:

The image below gets my vote for a bumper sticker graphic (perhaps just a bit larger):

http://www.geocaching.com/images/icon_gogeocaching.gif

Sheesh. I never thought of that. How big should it be? like parking sticker big or bumper sticker big?

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

How about one of each? Some people may like the regular bumber stick while others may not want something quite as intrusive.

El Diablo

quote:

Why not have both? Let people put them where they have room.

I'm not willing to put a bumper sticker on my car, but I would LOVE a license plate for the front of my car (not a license plate frame) with the Geocaching logo on it. I sent an email a week or so ago to the folks at the store and was told that since most states require a front license plate they didn't think there would be enough requests for it. Bummer.

I guess I'll look into seeing if I can have a bunch made and leave them in the larger caches I find.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"A noble spirit embiggins the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield

The parking sticker size gets my vote. I do not really care for bumper sickers, but my windows are covered with parking stickers to various parks containing either caches or trout.

Animated_MiGO_A88.gif

"Let me see if I got this right... you have to buy an expensive GPSr to find a box of junk?" - T-Mac's Son

"There's happy meal toys in the boxes? Let's go" - T-Mac's Son again

quote:
Originally posted by SamLowrey:

I would like to vote for a 4 x 4 (approx.) sticker that looks like this:

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logos/GEO_4boxcolor_150.jpg

Just to note it, that is exactly what I was looking for that made me start this thread. I'd really like just a 4"x4" sticker of the square logo with geocaching.com underneath!

quote:
I, too, am not a sticker person, but for this I would make an exception. Other cachers would spot it right away.

Same here! We've pretty much always had a "no bumper stickers on the vehicle" rule, but both my wife and myself feel that we'd break that rule for such a geocaching.com sticker...

- John...

quote:
Originally posted by Mushtang:

I'm not willing to put a bumper sticker on my car, but I would LOVE a license plate for the front of my car (not a license plate frame) with the Geocaching logo on it. I sent an email a week or so ago to the folks at the store and was told that since most states require a front license plate they didn't think there would be enough requests for it.

I love that idea. In Florida we are not required to have a front plate, so we can put whatever we like...

quote:

_How about a standard Bumper sticker like this: _

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/146103_1900.jpg

_And a 3x3 or 4x4 (parking sticker) approx like this: _

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/146103_1800.jpg

_ "I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it" _

[This message was edited by Mark 42 on August 19, 2003 at 11:38 AM.]

I see no reason to have the "Let's go Geocaching" on it at all. I'd rather it didn't.

I hade some like this made up a couple of years ago:

fractal-geo-decal.jpg

I've changed it since then so it's the "legal" image.

I also sent email to Groundspeak requesting info about selling them (a nicer multi-color version) as a licensed product.

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45* 30.ish

W 122* 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by Doc-Dean:

I love that idea. In Florida we are not required to have a front plate, so we can put whatever we like...

Same in Georgia. Send an email to the store and request that they start selling front license plates like I did. Maybe if enough people ask they'll decide to sell them.

"A noble spirit embiggins the smallest man." - Jebediah Springfield

For those with real bumpers (metal ones) that don't like to have stickers attached to your bumper, you can go purchase a/c vent covers that are magnetic and place the decal on them and cut to size. Then the decal can be placed and moved around. You can even place them on your car, like the sport ones. You can use other magnetic backings as well. I just used the a/c vent covers as an example because you can easily get those at Walmart for a few bucks or any home improvement place.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

I'm ambivalent on the "Let's go Geocaching" part.

Today I don't like it, in agreement with Sam Lowery.

Maybe "Got GPS?" or something to give a hint on

what it is about? Or, maybe not. Maybe a poll once serious momentum towards making it happen develops.

"I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it"

quote:

I'm ambivalent on the "Let's go Geocaching" part.

Today I don't like it, in agreement with Sam Lowery.

Maybe "Got GPS?" or something to give a hint on

what it is about? Or, maybe not. Maybe a poll once serious momentum towards making it happen develops.

_ "I'm not Responsible... just ask my wife, She'll confirm it" _

To make more people happy, I would take the 4 X whatever part with the "Let's go geocaching" and just cut it off if need be. icon_smile.gif