Link to sell GPS units?

Hi all,

I've got some folks from another hobby asking me the "best place" to get a GPS. These are folks that have no problem supporting a hobby they participate in, and I recalled once seeing some solicitation to "buy and support" for the hobby, and I think it was Groundspeak. I'm not sure. While the cost of UBB isn't that spectacular, it's still nice to offer support to those that manage it - and keep the service free. One day this hobby will be big enough to substantiate "members-only" cache-sites, and other independant geocaching ventures. Hopefully this site will remain strong - which is why I think some support is fair enough. While I'm not in a position to throw dollars this way, I can recommend some folks to get their GPS units here, and wanted a link to do so. I used to have the UBB code to make a snazzy title to click on and take the user to a website, but lost it in my jungle. If that sales-site does indeed support Groundspeak, does someone mind pasting a link here, so I can copy/paste on our board? These are fellow marine-reef hobbyists, and an outdoors hobby is good to have in addition to our indoor tanks. icon_biggrin.gif I've had more than a few people ask my recommendation, and I don't mind explaining to 'em that it would be cool if they supported this forum. I'm trusting that the customer service is worthy of recommending, but if the link does not specifically support THIS forum, then I don't want it - I'd recommend REI at that point. These folks are all over the states (and world) and ya'll know that online orders are most convenient for many. I personally like REI because they are local, and I like to "fix a problem" in one afternoon. Not everybody is as fortunate, so.... A link please? I emailed Jeremy, but no response... Maybe it doesn't support grounspeak? If not, somebody let me know... Prices are cheaper elsewhere, but it would be cool to support this forum. Something I can paste right into a few forums and say, "click on this to buy your unit..." My internet guru doesn't have the link, so we can't "doctor it up" to just have a "click on the name link" yet. I can have that done if I just get the URL addy. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Grandmaster Cache

It is listed on the Geocaching homepage. It says...

Get Great Deals on GPS Equipment While Supporting Geocaching.com!

"Our partnership with Offroute.com allows us to bring you dramatic discounts on GPS units and accessories. At the same time, a portion of every sale comes back to to support the continued development of this site! So click on over and check out hot new GPS units like the Garmin Rino 110 or find the accessory, map or guidebook needed for your next geocaching adventure".

Hope thats what your lookin' for! Kar of "TeamShibby!"

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

I used offroute.com for my purchase of my garmin 76s and was very satisfied with the price and the delivery time. I did find the same unit ten dollars cheaper at another site but Offroute made a contribution to the geocaching site and saved me around 90 dollars by not going to the local retail store.

That's the link! Thanks!

p.s. Cachew nut, don't worry about paragraphs if ya don't make it past the first 1 and a half [sic] sentences. icon_wink.gif

Also, thanks Rxprt88 for the positive referral!! That's good stuff, and important to pass along. A lot of folks don't live near enough to a tangible retail outlet, so an online source is their best bet. I'll go post the link now! Thanks again!!

Grandmaster Cache