New Updated Profiles

I like the new profile page as well, but I have a question...I like to click on local geocacher profiles to see the log entries for local caches. I can't seem to do that anymore. Was this the plan or am I missing something here??

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"

quote:
Originally posted by Tikiroy:

I like the new profile page as well, but I have a question...I like to click on local geocacher profiles to see the log entries for local caches. I can't seem to do that anymore. Was this the plan or am I missing something here??

"There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"

Click on the icons on the Users Stats page and you will see all the caches that user found of that type.

EDIT...I gotta learn to type faster...

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

They are nice...kind of puts some perspective on everyone's finds as to the types. Could be handy for people to see what type of caches they most likely visit. I was surpirsed that only a coup;le of my finds were 1/1. I thought there were more than that.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Yes, it's pretty good!

A few minor quibbles, though. There are no total figures now, only the breakdowns, so you have to add them up yourself...

And I've done a few traditional caches that have since been made virtuals. In my breakdown of finds, they show as virtuals, not as the traditionals I did.

Otherwise, fine!

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald

I love the breakdown. I always wanted to see that because I kept trying to keep track myself but was too lazy to keep good records. I would like to see a total or totals over certain categories, but I figure I can always add that up myself since all the info is there. It also is a motivation to try to add another category.

pokeanim3.gif

I've noticed that the text formatting has changed -- it used to be that a single carriage return made a break tag. The way it is now, each carriage return appears to be a paragraph tag.

It would be much better for formatting the page if one carriage return were to create a break tag and two carriage returns create a paragraph tag.

Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

Thanks.

The only thing that I do not like about it, does not have anything to do with it really except for the "Letterbox Hybrid" caches. I don't look at those type any differently than "Traditional" caches, since I don't letterbox. It may be confusing to some newer people coming in when they see a totally different icon for those caches and may not go after them. I would like to see them in cluded in the traditional count and perhaps on the cache pages, to put a seperate icon stating it is also a letterbox hybrid. Or even put the little icon stamp in the cache container icon signifying the letterbox in it.

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

Have to agree with the last two posts about the Grim GeoReaper. It encourages a picture to get it out of the profile. Seriously though I looked for the first time today. It is very cool. Kudos! I am also glad the silly Happy face icon's are gone over the cache containers. That didn;t last very long. Made the site too cartoony and child like like.

Wags, Russ & Erin

quote:
Originally posted by DBleess:

I'd like a link to all the finds on one page.

I was using my find page to generate my "find list" .loc file since it only called out find logs.

Go to the Hide and Seek a cache page and the very last option is to search for caches found by a particular user. Put in your own name and you've got it. You can even book mark the found page so you never have to do the search again, you can just go to the bookmark and see your latest list.

I noticed the map page says it will be updated in 'late may'. Perhaps I missed it -- any word on when the new map page will be up?

I HOPE they can return to the old approach where distinguishes between caches you've found from those you haven't. That was amazingly useful.

I know they stopped doing it because of traffic and all. Maybe this would be a good candidate for a 'member only' feature.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

Is there any possiblitly of losing the grey bar on the left of the page? It looks awful and doesn't seem to serve any practical purpose. It would look much better white, like the rest of the page (in other words, just get rid of it). Please, just try it -- I think you'll agree that it looks better white.

Thanks.

-----

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Is there any possiblitly of losing the grey bar on the left of the page? It looks awful and doesn't seem to serve any practical purpose. It would look much better white, like the rest of the page (in other words, just get rid of it). Please, just try it -- I think you'll agree that it looks better white.

Thanks.

-----

uhmmmm... maybe I'm missing something here.....what gray bar?

"(Mopar is) good to have around and kick. Like an ugly puppy" - Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Jomarac5:

Thanks.

-----

Maybe the grey space is reserved for future use.

quote:
mikemtn wrote:

Maybe the grey space is reserved for future use.

That could very well be, but the text in the body of the page looks really terrible when it's smacked up tight against the grey bar. If the grey space is going to be used for some other info in the future, it will only compound the problem. Graphically, a little white space goes a long way to making a layout look cleaner.

the new updated profile has caused a problem with links to caches I recommend. On the old profile page I typed the address to a cache that I recommended and anybody could click on it and go straight to the cache. Now you can't click on the address on the new profile. How can I fix it so when people that view my profile can click on a cache I recommend and not have to search for it.

Grin'n'Bearit, you can make a link using basic HTML. On your profile page, you can use the following:

<a href="INSERT_URL_OF_CACHE_HERE">INSERT_NAME_OF_CACHE_HERE</a>

Just insert the URL of the cache page and the name of the cache where I have shown above.

-----

So what about the grey bar on the profile pages? Can it go away or what? Is an admin going to reply to this?

I have noticed that at the bottom of the profile pages, you get the little tool bar to pop up so you can save, print, e-mail, etc. a blank area? We can all start a file with everyone's personal blank.....cooool icon_cool.gif

Shirley of 2oldfarts

"I hope you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you've heard is not what I meant." Richard Nixon

Allow me to clear this up a little...When you place your cursor on an image,,,you get a tiny bar in the upper left-hand corner so you can save it to a "my picture" file. It seems as though my computer thinks there is an image there but all I see is white...

----------------------------------------------

Darwinian motto "I don't think, therefore I am not."

My guess is the blank image (pixel.gif) is placed there on the profile to make sure the layout of the page stays intact. If the image wasn't there, the gray bar on the left would stop where the text stops on the right side.

Note to admins: How about putting a DIV there instead with a set height? A lot less questions would be raised by that.