Uploaded File Size Limit

jagla

I believe by "It will just resize them on the back end" that if someone uploads a 4 meg picture, code will automatically reduce it in size so that it will be much smaller. That way people who have multi megapixel cameras but don't have the software to resize, can just upload them and the picture will be adjusted.

There's tons of software out there to resize images on the backend. I don't think Jeremy would be willing to have a 200x300 graphic use up 2mb of bandwidth... I'm actually surprised that the allowed upload size will be so large. If you think about it, though, the bandwidth being used by the Groundspeak network is almost all outgoing - web pages/graphics, notification emails, etc., leaving almost all of their incoming bandwidth available for whatever they want.

If you google for resizing graphics asp, you'll find tons of stuff they could use. They could be using one of those, or Jeremy et al could be writing their own.

--

Random quote:

sigimage.php