Help please

pinhead

I'm visiting the US from the UK this summer and hope to do some cache finding whilst over there. My question is......how do I find co-ords of caches that I'm likely to be travelling near? I know the town names (e.g. Baker, Lone Pine, etc.) that I'll be passing thru' but I can't find anywhere on the 'seek a cache' form for inputting just a town name. Do I need to enter the zip code for these places? and if so how do i find out the codes for the above towns?

Any help will be v gratefully received

Ta!

...You didn't post which state you were going to, but if you can get a good idea of where you are going, click the state search button on the main page. Then, at the top of the listings, a "Show State Map" link will take you to a map showing all the caches in the state. If you know the approximate geographic area, you can zoom into that part of the state until you find a nice grouping of caches you're interested in. Click on the center one then from that page click on ...nearby caches.

Hope that helps. A little wordy. Hope not too confusing!

Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

welcome to the us, pinhead! I'm looking to come over to the uk this summer and was running into similar problems. Apparently the method of finding out about caches is different on either side of the pond. If you have an idea where you'll be, you can search caches for that state, then get the state map and zoom in on the area where you will be. The US is a big place and there are quite a few caches here! lol. The zip code links that others have provided are handy too. Is there something like that for the UK? I've been wondering how the postal code works over there. Good luck!

King Pellinore

You may or may not need this info, but it's something that's not obvious to people who don't constantly use the system. The US zip code system is laid out roughly east to west. 00001 would be Maine or somewhere up there, and 99999 would be in Hawaii. Atlanta is 30xxx, Chicago is 60xxx, the state of Texas is usually 7xxxx, and California is the high 9xxxx.

It's not perfect, but you can tell what's west coast and what's east coast. icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!

You may or may not need this info, but it's something that's not obvious to people who don't constantly use the system. The US zip code system is laid out roughly east to west. 00001 would be Maine or somewhere up there, and 99999 would be in Hawaii. Atlanta is 30xxx, Chicago is 60xxx, the state of Texas is usually 7xxxx, and California is the high 9xxxx.

It's not perfect, but you can tell what's west coast and what's east coast. icon_smile.gif

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!