I finally got EasyGPS working

quills

OK I finally got EasyGPS working. I could download the waypoints but I couldn't get my computer and GPS to talk to each other. I work in the computer industry and I must say this one had me puzzled. I finally got everything working and sent the waypoints to my GPS after alot of trial and error. I checked and rechecked the sttings for my COM port and all of a sudden it worked. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I honestly thought I was losing my mind everything looked like it should have worked but they wouldn't talk, then all of a sudden they did. It was crazy.

"If you mess with a Porcupine you might just get the quills. LOL I just had to say that"

no everything there was good. I just reset everything about a dozen times and it finally worked. I've seen some strange things at work so it shouldn't surprise me but I really thought something was wrong and just that quick it worked.

"If you mess with a Porcupine you might just get the quills. LOL I just had to say that"

Mariner and Geokatt

I tried all of that too. It really had me bugged. When I ran the teast it said the connection was ok but they wouldn't talk. I tried renaming everything and deleting easygps and reinstalling it. I'm not sure what was different this time but it worked so I'm happy.

I'll go ahead and admit this, although it may ruin me in the IT field. A couple of weeks ago, I struggled with my connection for almost an hour. Turns out I had put the connector on my GPS backward! I will say that this is a bad design on the cable manufacturer's part, but I still felt pretty stooooopid...

quote:
Originally posted by Gaddiel & OrangeDanish:

I'll go ahead and admit this, although it may ruin me in the IT field. A couple of weeks ago, I struggled with my connection for almost an hour. Turns out I had put the connector on my GPS backward! I will say that this is a bad design on the cable manufacturer's part, but I still felt pretty stooooopid...

I know that Garmin units won't let you do this. There's a tab and slot that have to match up. So I have to know, what GPS maker allows this to happen? Or was this a 3rd party cable?

(And how's Conway? I went to school at Hendrix, but haven't been back there in a very long time.)

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."