Local weather at GC's

MTBguy

Hey, I have a weather.com magnet on both of my cache pages. It tells what the weather is like here in Joplin, where the caches are. I thought it would be a great idea if more people do this, so you might have some idea what the weathe is like in a town a few miles away before you go a find the Cache. Any opinions on this???

The Mountain Bike Guy.

I like the idea of having the weather on the cache page. Here's the catch... is Jeremy cool with this? Not sure how this could affect things for their network. I know that the traffic is minimal, but what is happening is that every time one of those weather links gets updated or clicked on, it has to communicate with other places on the net. So esentially, geocaching.com is hosting that on the cache page. If Jeremy is cool with it, I say go for it, but lets try to remember that its his network.

Just my 2 cents

I got the counter for free from Honesty.com (need to register for), and the weather magnet I signed up for for free at weather.com. (Then just copy-paste the HTML into the cache info box when you modify it.) I am glad to hear that it is OK with Jeremy. More people ought to do this, it is very useful and free.

The Mountain Bike Guy.