UBB code in find posts...

Ron Streeter

I did a search for UBB code and found a few miscellaneous bits and pieces, but I am interested in what code works in find posts.

I can get the bold and italic to work but that is about it. I've done enough of this that I think I know what I'm doing. I used to use HTML for font size, color, font style, etc. and I use HTML to insert tables, pics, etc in my cache page descriptions.

Has anyone had better luck with UBB in the find posts? I know it is useable in the forums, though I have not used it there.

With the quantity of find posts I have done, I am not looking forward to going back and editing or deleting and reposting my notes with UBB, so am hoping that Jeremy will somehow enable HTML for the OLD posts...prior to his new page layouts of mid-September, 2002.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

...but I had already been there and that's where I learned to do the bold and italic.

The color options don't seem to work in find posts. I'm sure the url links work. I suspect Jeremy has locked out some things so they won't work.

My question of any other cacher is .... have you successfully used UBB in cache find posts beyond the italic and bold feature...specifically color usage?

Thanks for any further input.

UMC...keep hunting those caches !

Ron

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Streeter:

The color options don't seem to work in find posts. I'm sure the url links work. I suspect Jeremy has locked out some things so they won't work.

My question of any other cacher is .... have you successfully used UBB in cache find posts beyond the italic and bold feature...specifically color usage?

Why would UBB code work on logs? It isn't related to the forums at all... I would think Jeremy is stripping any html from the logs, and the bold and italic tags are slipping thru somehow... Or he's purposely allowed italics and bold as they won't jack up the formatting, and allow you to personalize your log "a little bit"

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

Ron,

You're right. HTML used to work in the cache logs. With the recent reworking of the logs, though, that capability has been removed.

Like you, a number of my logs contained HTML--links, color, tables, font size, etc.

When I created my logs, I noticed that it changed some of the into [tags]. The altered tags still work. Bold and italic, like you said, and also

works.

The issue has been mentioned to Jeremy, and he's told us that he's trying to come up with a solution. It's been discussed in several thread, actually, but this one is the most relevent.

I hope it's fixed so that HTML in old logs still work.

Jamie

....I'm resigned to using bold, italic to make some kind of visual difference in a find cache.

Still holding out hope that the OLD find posts will somehow survive this new page layout, otherwise I'll go back to a fair number of my recent finds and get rid of the old HTML code. Call me picky, but I don't want to leave three lines of html code on my find posts for future readers to puzzle through...CLUTTER.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try a few of the UBB codes in this post just to see if they work...please bear with this "newbie" to UBB.

bold

italic

center

[big]Bigger[/big]

blue

red

first item

second item

OK, here goes nothing ?!

well, the list works. I'm really looking for some color that I can control. The smilies are OK, but I would like more control icon_wink.gif for emphasis sake.

Just looked at the little What is UBBCode link at the bottom of the posting area. No color there. Guess it's back to black and white TV for me!

Ron icon_frown.gif

....I'm resigned to using bold, italic to make some kind of visual difference in a find cache.

Still holding out hope that the OLD find posts will somehow survive this new page layout, otherwise I'll go back to a fair number of my recent finds and get rid of the old HTML code. Call me picky, but I don't want to leave three lines of html code on my find posts for future readers to puzzle through...CLUTTER.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try a few of the UBB codes in this post just to see if they work...please bear with this "newbie" to UBB.

bold

italic

center

[big]Bigger[/big]

blue

red

first item

second item

OK, here goes nothing ?!

well, the list works. I'm really looking for some color that I can control. The smilies are OK, but I would like more control icon_wink.gif for emphasis sake.

Just looked at the little What is UBBCode link at the bottom of the posting area. No color there. Guess it's back to black and white TV for me!

Ron icon_frown.gif