Snot's in a snit over snat

I was reading the forums just skimming around when I said a thread whose latest post was by Brian Snot. I didnt even catch it till a few minutes later when my brain kicked in and said,"Hey that said Brian SNOT, not Brian SNAT". I read the logs by Brian Snot and all were deragatory put downs of Brian Snat.

Ism this what the forums have come to? Creating faked names so you can snipe at someone with relatively safety? I have seen other message boards shirvel up and die as they broke out into pettiness. I know most of us would never do that, (I hope) but I felt the neat to expose this cockroach to the sunlight. I know how I felt when geobuddy was trashing me and my caches with his fake logs. The idea that anyone is following someones activity that closely & then slamming them is not only reprehensible and childlike, it's also downright creepy.

If it's a non-local person then that's bizarre because there's no motiviation, and if it is a a local, well then that's just plain sad that they have to resort to such juvenile tactics. Hopefully whoever it is will get over it (whatever IT is that made them want to do this) and cut the nonsense.

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

[This message was edited by Gwho on May 03, 2003 at 03:58 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

I was reading the forums just skimming around when I said a thread whose latest post was by http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=mprf&s=5726007311&ignore=&u=78760135. I didnt even catch it till a few minutes later when my brain kicked in and said,"Hey that said Brian SNOT, not Brian SNAT". I read the logs by Brian Snot and all were deragatory put downs of Brian Snat.

Ism this what the forums have come to? Creating faked names so you can snipe at someone with relatively safety? I have seen other message boards shirvel up and die as they broke out into pettiness. I know most of us would never do that, (I hope) but I felt the neat to expose this cockroach to the sunlight. I know how I felt when geobuddy was trashing me and my caches with his fake logs. The idea that anyone is following someones activity that closely & then slamming them is not only reprehensible and childlike, it's also downright creepy.

If it's a non-local person then that's bizarre because there's no motiviation, and if it is a a local, well then that's just plain sad that they have to resort to such juvenile tactics. Hopefully whoever it is will get over it (whatever IT is that made them want to do this) and cut the nonsense.

Ummm, you are kidding right?

Snot=Snat OITS

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures and Here (newest)

I like the title also icon_biggrin.gif

umc is my socket puppet for bashing people along with everything else. It is also my true caching account for ummm well caching..

I guess what I'm trying to say is, whoever the imposter is grow some balls and say what you have to say. Oh, yeah and, just leave because we don't need your bull here. frog.gif you get a frog

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

Caching without a clue....

uhhh, it's Brain Snot, not Brian Snot. Which was actually incrementally funnier -- the first time. I even thought it may have been Brian's puppet (kind of a left Brian/right Brain thing). But now the puppet shows its true strings, and the puppetmaster is the lowest form of scum, the kind at the bottom of the ocean. Hey, I'm a lawyer and even I have to look downwards to see this guy.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Z:

You know, I bet if this sock-puppet were some cute little Asian girl, none of you would get all bent out of shape.

I was certainly bent out of shape then. When I noticed the puppet account yesterday I banned it immediately.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy (Admin):

I was certainly bent out of shape then. When I noticed the puppet account yesterday I banned it immediately.

I am curious: i tend to drift in and out of the boards for periods of time. what exact is a puppet/sock puppet? I can guess but I wonder if theres moire to it then my mind is conceiving.

quote:
uhhh, it's Brain Snot, not Brian Snot. Which was actually incrementally funnier -- the first time. I even thought it may have been Brian's puppet (kind of a left Brian/right Brain thing)

i hadn't noticed. i'd chalk it up to coincidencetally being similar to another poster's handle if they hadn;t specifically followed brians movements & activities & been so nasty to him and him alone.

william

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com

quote:
Originally posted by Gwho:

I am curious: i tend to drift in and out of the boards for periods of time. what exact is a puppet/sock puppet? I can guess but I wonder if theres moire to it then my mind is conceiving.

Sock Puppet

Seriously, after that many posts you don't know?

quote:
Is this what the forums have come to? Creating faked names so you can snipe at someone with relatively safety?

bandbass.gif

Radman Version 2.0!

migo_sig_logo.jpg

"If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure."

- Dan Quayle

"Si nous ne r?ussissons pas nous courons le risque d'?chec."

- Dan Quayle (If he was French!) [Those crazy French!]

English: Radman Version 2.0

Spanish Versi?n 2,0 De Radman

Portuguese: Vers?o 2,0 De Radman

Italian: Versione 2,0 Di Radman

While cleaning out the inbox last night, i found this interesting correspondence from a famous sock-puppet:

quote:

Subject: Mitsuko contacting you from Geocaching.com

Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:24:11 -0700

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL MESSAGE FROM GEOCACHING.COM

If you wish to email this person, visit your "my cache page" link on

Geocaching.com and use the Email a player link. Please send any abuse

complaints to contact@geocaching.com

---------------------------------------------------

User Mitsuko has contacted you with the following message:

Hi oregone,

Some of our fellow forum folk mentioned that I would get a kick out of

reading your logs.

They were right.

To reply to this user, visit the web page below or use 'Mitsuko' for

the username and email them through your "my cache page." (You'll need to

be logged in)

http://www.geocaching.com/email/default.asp?U=Mitsuko

I don't remember if i wrote back...

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Heh.. here's my first Mitsuko email:

quote:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL MESSAGE FROM GEOCACHING.COM

If you wish to email this person, visit your "my cache page" link on Geocaching.com and use the Email a player link. Please send any abuse complaints to contact@geocaching.com

---------------------------------------------------

User Mitsuko has contacted you with the following message:

Sorry to bother you Jamie, but in the "Female Geocachers" thread, someone mentioned "Troll".

What did they mean by troll?

To reply to this user, visit the web page below or use 'Mitsuko' for the username and email them through your "my cache page." (You'll need to be logged in)

I did respond. icon_wink.gif

Jamie