an In "Memory of" Cache.....

My best friend died this morning after a 2 year battle with Cancer icon_frown.gif...I want to make a "In memory of John" icon_smile.gifcache...I dont think that will be a problem with the Geocaching comunity BUT In addition to the regular trading trinkets in the cache I would like your opinion (I hope Jeremy puts his opinion in too) on this...I want to ask cachers to leave any spare change in there pockets and I will go and collect it on a regular basis and donate it in the name ofThe Geocacher's Comunity either to the hospital that cared for him for the last 2 years or the Canadian Cancer Society...please let me know what you think

Coast³

*We are teaching our Zoe dog to sniff out Tupperware...*

Each little small contribution can add up to a great deal. And it comes from the heart. Go for it.

Cache you later,

Planet

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will

give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

If you do it, ask cachers to email you ASAP if they leave a contribution. If a muggle finds it before you do, there's a chance the contribution won't be there when you arrive.

Also, in the cache description, you could list the hospital name and CCS and suggest people leave their contribution as a check made out to their choice - might be a little more secure.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

There was another thread where a cache tended to accumulate change. The owner listed what charity he dontated change to and by doing that created quite the controversy because it was vergining on the commercial ban on caches.

Check with the admins. I myself don't have a problem with the cache if you don't have a problem with someone who finds it who happend to have left the last of their change at the last cache.

Wherever you go there you are.

You might also print up or write up some business cards with an e-mail address for sending donations via PayPal (on a card so that people can take it home with them).

I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd personally be more likely to donate $10 via paypal than by leaving it in a geocache.