Members Only First Find?

MaxEntropy

I have two cache locations scouted out and the paint is drying on the Tupperware.

In order to reward those who have helped Geocaching.com exist, I was thinking of making the caches initially member's only caches for the first week or until they get a few logs.

I do have a nice little first finder's bonus in each and I want it to go to a worthy finder.

What do you think, will this help out or just tick people off?

The second question is can I change the member's only status after I post it?

Thanks,

Mickey

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

quote:
Originally posted by MaxEntropy:

I have two cache locations scouted out and the paint is drying on the Tupperware.

In order to reward those who have helped Geocaching.com exist, I was thinking of making the caches initially member's only caches for the first week or until they get a few logs.

I do have a nice little first finder's bonus in each and I want it to go to a worthy finder.

What do you think, will this help out or just tick people off?

The second question is can I change the member's only status after I post it?

Thanks,

Mickey

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

So have others. I don't think it ticks people off since if they can't see the page, they'd never no there was a bonus prize.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

We think it's a good idea to support the site. We leave it as members only for the first week or 2. It has the added bonus of keeping the first find from being "Thanks, took $20 left cache box open." It seems to me that cachers tend to be a little more careful and better traders as their find count goes up, and the longer they cache the more likely they will become members.

Don't start on the Hummer for Jeremy stuff, if Bill Gates didn't make a ton of money, we would all be using Word Perfect or Macwrite. Now that's a sobering thought. icon_biggrin.gif

A day without sunshine is like ...night.

We have done 1 members only in an area where we had another cache stolen.orignally we thought after a few weeks would change to a regular cache,but decided to leave it as is,and as yet it hasent been stolen.I feel that members as a group are probably a little more careful when re-hiding a cache

I'm a man and I can change if I have to,I guess.

[This message was edited by Jacksons on January 12, 2003 at 06:53 AM.]

Make it a members only.........We've only got one members only in our area, and it's what encouraged us to pay our $30.

It helps to get folks to pay their $30, and also gives those that have already paid theirs a little advantage.......... icon_wink.gif

worried.gif Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.