FRS recommendations??

Rygel

quote:
Originally posted by Johnnyvegas:

I use ham radios, the test is easy and lic. is only $10.00 for 10 years, icon_biggrin.gifand with repeater use I am not limited to line of sight.

It's been awhile since I purchased my Yaesu 2m HT, but I'm pretty sure that you can't buy a pair of ham radio handhelds for "...around $75...".

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:

I use ham radios, the test is easy and lic. is only $10.00 for 10 years, icon_biggrin.gifand with repeater use I am not limited to line of sight.

It's been awhile since I purchased my Yaesu 2m HT, but I'm pretty sure that you can't buy a pair of ham radio handhelds for "...around $75...".

True. But Yaesus are real radios that will work in a lot of places where FRS and GMRS will not. Of course if you get a GMRS radio that will work a repeater thats another story, even more expensive than a Ham Radio.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote: