Wall Street Journal

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Today's edition of the WSJ has a story on geocaching. The author spent a day with the illustrious _Oregone_ a few weeks ago.

In the Portland, OR edition the article is on Page A20.

It's a whimsical take on the sport (appropriate I suppose).

Actually... I think it's Explosis... But with the mention of ex-girlfriends, you would think it was Oregone icon_smile.gif

Here's the article.

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

Today's edition of the WSJ has a story on geocaching. The author spent a day with the illustrious _Oregone_ a few weeks ago.

In the Portland, OR edition the article is on Page A20.

It's a whimsical take on the sport (appropriate I suppose).

Actually... I think it's Explosis... But with the mention of ex-girlfriends, you would think it was Oregone icon_smile.gif

Here's the article.

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45° 30.ish

W 122° 58.ish

Yeah, yeah. I've got nothing better to do. The total on the truck is actually 25,000 miles since July 15, 2001. The cache at low tide is actually two different caches. The low tide one is the Arch Cape Cache and the one buried in the sand is Sand Lake.

[This message was edited by explosis on March 19, 2002 at 01:50 PM.]

What's with that odd illustration on the scanned version posted by Jeremy? is that me and explosis trying to find the Government Duck cache?

Great article, and yes--despite popular belief--that was explosis she was interviewing, not me.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

My only problem was her ...

quote:
"If you can behave like the type of mutt who leaps without looking, runs full tilt into hornets' nests, rolls in manure and scares the stink out of skunks, then you are cut out for this wildly popular sport. "

I've never leap without looking icon_biggrin.gif

... and on that point ... Ben ... just how bad do you smell???? Might explain the girlfriend issue ... rather than the "hiking" defense. icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif

My only problem was her ...

quote:
"If you can behave like the type of mutt who leaps without looking, runs full tilt into hornets' nests, rolls in manure and scares the stink out of skunks, then you are cut out for this wildly popular sport. "

I've never leap without looking icon_biggrin.gif

... and on that point ... Ben ... just how bad do you smell???? Might explain the girlfriend issue ... rather than the "hiking" defense. icon_biggrin.gif

348_1002.gif