Caching Article in Las Vegas Review Journal

Here is a story about geocaching in today's Las Vegas Review Journal.

I'm a little bitter about it because the reporter initially contacted me about going caching with a photographer, I mentioned our greatest local cacher, Dr. Webe, to him, and then he went out with him.

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but apparently, it's today's top story! Oh well, at least I get the first quote in the story.

This is the best article I have seen on Geocaching yet. For once the writer doesn't totally concentrate on the "treasure hunt" aspect and instead shines some light on why the sport has such a broad appeal.

I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.

geol4.JPG

quote:
Originally posted by CreagerStone Family:

I didn't think it would be that big of a deal, but apparently, it's today's _top story_! Oh well, at least I get the first quote in the story.

Jason,

I hate to burst your bubble but as far as I can tell, a guy by the name of Todd Spradlin has the first quote in the story. But hey, your the first Las Vegan that was quoted.... icon_biggrin.gif

Great article nonetheless, and I especially like the photos.

quote:
Originally posted by Little's Cache:

If anyone has other news articles, I would appreciate the link, as I am designing a website and would like to reference some info.

Thanks

At the bottom of the page is a link to Geocaching in the news.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

quote:
Originally posted by Little's Cache:

If anyone has other news articles, I would appreciate the link, as I am designing a website and would like to reference some info.

Thanks

At the bottom of the page is a link to Geocaching in the news.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

The Press page.

22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

In Southern Nevada, there are about 300 caches. Some are in places as accessible as the New York-New York or The Orleans parking garages or locations in Sunset and Angel parks.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=36735

I must make a trip back to get the new one at the Orleans. I love that town!

stealyourcache.gif Half my life is spent explaining to Christians why I am a deadhead. The other half is spent explaining to deadheads why I am a Christian. -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

...we were on http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=9010979735&r=9150951835#9150951835 for a 'Meet and Greet' venue all along icon_smile.gif !

http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/animated/provii/ontario1.gif

Man, I tried to tell people that vegas is more than just the strip.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

"...Man, I tried to tell people that vegas is more than just the strip..."

I'm only guessing, but I'd bet (pardon the pun) that the majority of folks who frowned on the idea have probably never even been to Las Vegas. As anyone who's been there knows, there's a lot more to Las Vegas and its surrounding area than neon and one-armed-bandits (...although there's plenty of that too, if that's your pleasure icon_wink.gif ). I've visited Las Vegas twice over the past couple of years and can honestly say that I didn't do any gambling. Rather, I had no trouble filling my time with 'seeing the sights' and taking in a few shows (some of the most friendly cab drivers you'll find anywhere by the way). Next time I go (and there will be a next time), I plan to take in Hoover Dam and perhaps the Grand Canyon. It's a terrific area with something to offer everyone.

ontario1.gif