Input on Signature Item

I would appreciate some input on an idea for my team's signature item. I take a ceramics class each week, and thought about making a bunch of 2 inch ceramic tiles with the Groundspeak/Geocaching logo on it. Then making the tiles into magnets. Would this be something folks would like to score? I also don't wish to step on any copywriting toes, so am not sure if I should use the logo. Thanks for your kind input!

quote:
Originally posted by The Pet Posse:

I would appreciate some input on an idea for my team's signature item. I take a ceramics class each week, and thought about making a bunch of 2 inch ceramic tiles with the Groundspeak/Geocaching logo on it. Then making the tiles into magnets. Would this be something folks would like to score? I also don't wish to step on any copywriting toes, so am not sure if I should use the logo. Thanks for your kind input!

that would be cool. even cooler would be a personalized logo of your own. it doesn't have to be fancy -- i'm working on a compass rose for mine.

That sounds like a cool idea- wish I had the time to make something... I've checked out a ton of promotional items places, and found them to bee too expensive for me, besides pens and pencils. I wanted soemthing a little different.

I'd been looking around to see what I could do and remembered something I had seen a while back (on e-bay, while hunting for items for my squirrel collection)- a set of Chinese papercut squirrels. I was thinking of using these as my sig item, backing it with cardboard, and taping it between waxpaper and cardboard so ppl. can mount it themselves later if they want to- and attach an address-label with a pict of a squirrel and my nickname. (placed in a zip-top baggie, of course!)

What do you guys think of this? I've got a pict of one below.

67612_400.jpg

A while back we had bought a box of 'beer coastes of the world', and Beersnob was thinking of using those (they ARE unused!) as his sig. item, with addy label attached. Any input on these would be appreciated! Thanks!

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

KD9KC-

By your post, I can't tell for sure if you're asking where I got them... Or about the tiles. In case anyone is interested, here's the info:

First set I ordered yesterday thru ebay- Total was $5.75 for a set of 10. Their ebay store is: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=9806140

*Then* I found out that they have a regular online store: http://www.chinadirectstore.com

If you don't mind placing a $50 order for papercuts, you can get the 'small' sets (the papercuts are about 3"x4", according to the site- and have 8-10 peices) for $1.50/set (under 20 cents a piece). Check out the Wholesale page for more info. Don't know what shipping is, but from looking on e-bay it seems to be reasonable. I'm going to wait till I get the set I ordered on e-bay before I plunk down $50. Was thinking of getting some of the other sets as general trinkets. If they look as good as on the webpages, they should make very nice, inexpensive trinkets.

I walk the Maze of Moments, but everywhere I turn to, begins a new beginning, but never finds a finish..

[This message was edited by Squirrel Nut on August 15, 2002 at 06:35 AM.]

[This message was edited by Squirrel Nut on August 15, 2002 at 06:56 AM.]

Boy, that sounds really familiar. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

http://www.infosponge.com/geo/tiles.html

Mine have been very popular...seems like a good idea! icon_smile.gif

quote:

I would appreciate some input on an idea for my team's signature item. I take a ceramics class each week, and thought about making a bunch of 2 inch ceramic tiles with the Groundspeak/Geocaching logo on it. Then making the tiles into magnets.

Boy, that sounds really familiar. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

http://www.infosponge.com/geo/tiles.html

Mine have been very popular...seems like a good idea! icon_smile.gif

quote:

I would appreciate some input on an idea for my team's signature item. I take a ceramics class each week, and thought about making a bunch of 2 inch ceramic tiles with the Groundspeak/Geocaching logo on it. Then making the tiles into magnets.

I made up a simple calling card, and leave them in caches when I remember to leave them. It's just a business card with my logo (see my avatar) and perhaps e-mail and website. I might start to laminate them.

While I doubt that anyone would actually collect this particular item, it's still kinda fun to leave them.

----------

"Wan't" and "differen't" are not words.

I know I sure would take a cool ceramic magnetic-backed tile that was hand-made.

I, too, want to leave a signature item, but my hobby (besides Geocaching, of course!) is Alabaster turning. Most are big bowls, so they probably wouldn't fit into a tupper-ware container. icon_wink.gif

I was thinking about turning an alabaster vase for a "first-find" item. Here is a picture of one I turned:

Picture of Alabaster Vase

(pick on "Look at my album" for a closer view...)

Do you think this would be ok to put in a cache?

Brad

[This message was edited by bradtal on August 15, 2002 at 09:33 AM.]

I know I sure would take a cool ceramic magnetic-backed tile that was hand-made.

I, too, want to leave a signature item, but my hobby (besides Geocaching, of course!) is Alabaster turning. Most are big bowls, so they probably wouldn't fit into a tupper-ware container. icon_wink.gif

I was thinking about turning an alabaster vase for a "first-find" item. Here is a picture of one I turned:

Picture of Alabaster Vase

(pick on "Look at my album" for a closer view...)

Do you think this would be ok to put in a cache?

Brad

[This message was edited by bradtal on August 15, 2002 at 09:33 AM.]

I made up some flexable magnets that I ran off on my printer with the geocache logo. I thought they turned out really good. I have only found a handful of caches (newbie), but haven't seen any geocache magnets before. Cost about 15 cent each 2x2 magnet. I will start putting them into cache's that I find and see what the response is.