What's your take on the Geocaching.com uproar?

SpongeRob

On www.keenpeople.com I posted a poll on the recent uproar. So far we've had over 25 votes in the last 24 hours and I'm amazed by what it shows.

Poll: What's your take on the Geocaching.com uproar?

What Uproar? - 3 (12%)

I like everything the way it is. - 1 (4%)

They need to add stats! - 8 (32%)

I think they need to revise a lot of things. - 4 (16%)

I'll stay but I'm not happy. - 3 (12%)

I'm already looking for alternatives. - 4 (16%)

I'm history! - 2 (8%)

About 20% are either history or looking for alternatives. That's about 70% looking for geocaching.com to step to the plate and make changes for them.

Thought I'd share.

--

SpongeRob

rwmech@keenpeople.com

www.keenpeople.com

WPWU826

Cache'n Retrievers

crlogo.gif

Thanks for the info Bob. However, for those that need it, I have some info also... call this number to help with the stress of dealing with GC.com.

1-800-WAAAAH-FREAKING-WAAAAAAH.

Sigh, there, that's much better now....ROFL.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."

The number before the () is the actual number of people who voted for that category right? If thats the case then its not a true representation of those here but non the less shows a market share. Regardless.

As far as the recent uproar, My vote goes to those who were looking for trouble for no reason.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by SpongeRob:

I called it and it said the number was out of service. Humm.. That's the same response I get from emailing contact@geocaching.com.

Coincidence? Must be...

Sponge_Rob_

Hahahahaah, excellent response, great job!!! ROFL!

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by jarja_grl:

_My take on the uproar..._

It's hard to hear it when I'm out in the woods looking for a cache....I like it like that.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Both the post, and the quote, are absolutely on the mark.

* Bowing in your general direction *

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

As with many polls I don't see a catagory that reflects my opinion.

I know about the uproar...I just don't see what the uproar is for. Nothing's perfect, nothing's going to satisfy everything, where there's growth there's conflict, yadda yadda yadda.

Here's what I did about the uproar today - I GOT AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER AND WENT GEOCACHING!!! Got two first time finds and my only uproar is that somehow I managed to drop my only (and dearly loved) pair of sunglasses and now I gotta shell out money to get them replaced (I put a note on the cache page...I've seen it happen before...maybe I'll get them back).

No one ever promised me I wouldn't lose sunglasses so even my uproar isn't much of an uproar when it comes to this site.

I didn't start this hobby because I needed more stress in my life, and I'm not going to let it contribute to my stress. Thankfully it only serves to make the stress go away.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

Thanks for the link to an interesting site that I didn't know existed. icon_smile.gif

BUT: It also seems to have few posters in the geocaching forum and I assume that the poll actually has few voters. Basically, I question if the sample is representative. Maybe a poll here would be better. Yet, I'm getting tired of the complaint threads and polls, so maybe not.....

Regardless, I have been kind of saddened that there seems to be more "uproar" than usual in the forum over the past few months. I think that the people who run this site put in hard work and I am happy with it. Could I nit-pick about stats, or virtuals having thier own place etc? Well I suppose I could, but I recognize that those are all issues that have various sides to them and this is a private site where someone has to make the ultimate decisions about things. I respect that. Regardless of the decision on those things, someone would complain! Could I complain that Jeremy might be making money? No, because I really don't have a complaint about that. He and the other people who run this place should get paid for their work and the grief that they have to take. I hope they get paid very well. I would hate to see them sell the site to lord knows whoever might pay them a ton for it and then run it poorly! If people choose to seek alternatives, well OK, they are free to do so and I respect their choice, but I am very happy here and have no intentions of leaving.

pokeanim3.gif

Right on Bret. I hit three caches myself today. Not FTF's but none the less they were fun. Now that I think about it, thats what this is about, FUN.

So regardless of all the BS that went on here today I had fun hunting some cache much like CYBret.

Now I should probably go log them....

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

Wow, when I posted, no one else had!

quote:
It's hard to hear it when I'm out in the woods looking for a cache....I like it like that.

Perfect! I need to follow your example! I have been getting rather annoyed reading the forums lately. I think I'll try to get out more instead. Of course I have to work on that reading and responding from work habit! icon_wink.gif

pokeanim3.gif