Geocaching on Holidays...

dthigpen

Okay, so, I'm wondering what people's opinions on this matter are... Is it really a bad thing to neglect the extended family that you don't really like anyways and go geocaching on Thanksgiving morning? I figure as long as I make it home for dinner, why not squeeze in six caches before instead of sitting there the whole days bs'n with a bunch of people you purposely try to avoid phone calls from the other 364 days of the year... Or am I just completely off base with this one?

Doug

quote:
Originally posted by dthigpen:

Okay, so, I'm wondering what people's opinions on this matter are... Is it really a bad thing to neglect the extended family that you don't really like anyways and go geocaching on Thanksgiving morning? I figure as long as I make it home for dinner, why not squeeze in six caches before instead of sitting there the whole days bs'n with a bunch of people you purposely try to avoid phone calls from the other 364 days of the year... Or am I just completely off base with this one?

Doug

If you don't like my company just say so!! CACHE THIS!!!!

Love Mom

...you have to live with your personal actions. Your actions speak louder than any words - and leave impressions that words cannot overcome.

Going caching alone on Thanksgiving when a bunch of people are in town or at your house doesn't give a hint as to what you think about them - it shouts it to them in simple terms nobody can (or will) ignore.

Decide what works for you - but realize your actions leave an impression - you have to decide if you care what that impression is.

You know you're a geocacher when the holidays get in the way of your caching!

We have two guests I can't ignore today (then what are you doing on you computer?!?!?) so I must stay home, but did get an e-mail from Ttepee asking if I want to go but I can't tell if she meant today or tomorrow, Ttepee are you there??? I replied! I can do tomorrow! icon_biggrin.gif

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

"If you wish to avoid the extended family on Thanksgiving morning, suggest to take the children out on a morning Geocaching adventure. If no kids are available (or they have fangs and claws), mention you need to go out to the bank to deposit a work check, go Geocaching, and come back with a tale of terror, involving carjacking and a terrier named Winky."

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I am away from home staying at my mother in laws and was given permission to go geocaching before dinner. I managed to rack up 10 in just over three hours. Driving through downtown Milwaukee is really easy on Thankgiving day icon_smile.gif

-Doc Ott

A day without thermonuclear fusion is like a day without sunshine.

MIGO_logo_animated88x31.gif