Is It Bad To Leave Pez?

Guest ferghead

Guest ferghead

Hello,

We found our first cache today, and since we love to collect Pez, we left one in the cache. We don't think of Pez as food, but I guess it is. We were thinking about leaving Pez in all the caches we find. I guess we could just leave the Pez without the candy though. Has anyone ever left Pez or any other kind of wrapped candy? Thanks for your help!

Sarah and Ferg

Guest cache_ninja

hmm, dunno how it'll hold up over time/extreme temps. i made the mistake of leaving some candy in one of my caches and it eventually turned to goo that covered everything in there..i've left of tons of pez in my caches, old ones from thrift stores. evnetually i coudlnt find anymore, so i started buying news ones, and well, heh, i just ate all the pez candy myself and left just left the dispenser. most people are happy w/that, they could always buy the candy to refill it, they'll have to eventually anyway..

Guest Markwell

One of my friendly neighborhood cachers leaves Altoids. You'd think they'd be safe buried in the tin and all. He and I visited a cache the same day (ran into each other on the trail). I was there first, he came next. Two days later, someone tried to visit the cache only to find it plundered and scattered by small creatures. Raccoon are notorious for finding ANY food no matter how well buried. I'd suggest finding quirky pez dispensers to leave and eat the pez candy yourself. Give you that added boost on the trail back.

I'd personally love to find off the wall Pez dispensers. Let's see you're in Delware so there's no conflict - I might even start using them for MY signature item in addition to the log book sticker I have. icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 03 August 2001).]

Guest Markwell

One of my friendly neighborhood cachers leaves Altoids. You'd think they'd be safe buried in the tin and all. He and I visited a cache the same day (ran into each other on the trail). I was there first, he came next. Two days later, someone tried to visit the cache only to find it plundered and scattered by small creatures. Raccoon are notorious for finding ANY food no matter how well buried. I'd suggest finding quirky pez dispensers to leave and eat the pez candy yourself. Give you that added boost on the trail back.

I'd personally love to find off the wall Pez dispensers. Let's see you're in Delware so there's no conflict - I might even start using them for MY signature item in addition to the log book sticker I have. icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 03 August 2001).]

Guest DLiming

I would strongly recomend not leaving any type of candy in a cache. I have been to 2 caches that someone left pez, both have been trashed by an animal.

Guest ErichB

I left a Boba Fett pez dispenser at one of the caches around Mt. St. Helens. It went quick, I was the second person to visit the cache, and it was taken by the third person there.

Guest NightTide

PEZ Good!

Every cache I have found has at least one Pez in it and But they were the pez dispensers only so no little critter raids.I would like to see a raccoon with a batman pez. "I am batman"

Guest sjs102

Leave the Pez dispenser, but not the candy. Had a dispenser w/ candy in it left at one of my caches. On checking the cache a couple of days later found the whole cache spread across the hillside. Based on the tooth marks we assume it was racoons. They were able to smell the candy, sealed in it's orginal container, inside a rubbermaid box. We picked up the remains of the cache, dried it all out (the tupperware box is now sealed in a ziploc bag) and put it back. Haven't had any problems since, no one's left any candy.