Convert Address to Lat/Lon

Guest bridaw

Guest bridaw

What sites do you folks use if you want to get lat/lon for a street address?? I know Mapblast.com will give you Lat/Lon but I have no idea what Datum it uses or how accurate it is.

I usually use www.geocode.com but (waaaaaahhhhhh) it requires a few extra steps to set GPS to NAD 27 and decimal degrees. Once I get the coordinates entered, they are dead accurate. Just hoping there is a site that will provide data in WGS 84/hdd mm.mmm icon_smile.gif

I use my GPS quite a bit to save time when I am going to a new location in San Diego that I am not familiar with. Just hit the Goto button and drive.

-Brian

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA

Guest Markwell

www.mapblast.com Jeremy's link. It does however show you the lat/lon in decimal degrees (right above the map in the upper right hand corner).

To convert to ddd mm.mmm, take off the whole number and multiply the remainder by 60.

43.124576 converts to roughly 43° 07.475. Remember also that negatives are south and west.

Guest bridaw

Ah ha!! I see what I did. I entered the coordinates wrong so it appeared to be off mark and made me think maybe another datum was used by Mapblast. Works like a charm when I make sure I enter the information correctly. DOH! icon_wink.gif

------------------

Brian & Terry

San Diego, CA