BruceS to find 2000th cache on 3-1-03

*gln

Hear ye, hear ye. I am very happy to announce plans for the celebration of BruceS's 2000th cache find. I know it is hard to believe but all this has happened in just 18 months! We are as proud as we can be that BruceS calls the St. Louis area home. Shoot, its like being around a movie star or something.

The St. Louis Area Geocachers Association is planning a little get together and hike to the Pioneer Cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41875 that is located in South Central Mo. If you want to camp and celebrate, there is a dandy camp area near the trail head.

For complete up to the minute details of the event see: http://www.geostl.com/SLAGAMemberStats/BruceS2000thFind_PioneerCache.html

We are also planning to release a B2K Travel Bug http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=12354 whose mission will be to try to visit as many caches as possible and beat the 2000 in 18 months BruceS has done.

For folks that would like to send a congratulatory note you can send it to: Congratulations@GeoStl.com We will compile all the notes and present them to BruceS at the party.

We sure do hope some folks will stop by for a visit.

Glenn

**Glenn, St. Louis, Mo

SLAGALogo.gif

I'm just trying to hit 1000 caches in the next couple months or so and sometimes it feels like I spend every free minute caching... (I don't btw)

But I do spend a lot of time geocaching and live in a pretty densly cached area so I REALLY appreciate the amount of skill it takes to pull those kind of numbers.

Good job Bruce.

george

39570_500.jpg

Pedal until your legs cramp up and then pedal some more.

Finding 100 caches in two weeks is not the easiest thing to do, and when you have numbers like BruceS, you are going farther and farther from ground zero to find caches. I hope he makes it. icon_smile.gif Cache on Bruce!

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

2000, man thats a full time job. Is there a way that I can get paid to geocache???

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Congratulations to the best of the best.

For the past year, I have admired the efforts of Bruce. From what I gather from the statements of others, he does things the way I do in general, but does them much better. Focus is the key. Like me, when time permits, he seems to prefer the harder caches that were more typical when we first started.

Recently I met Bruce in Louisville, and now I like the man just as much as the legend. Two re-scheduled basketball games will prevent me from witnessing #2000, but I am there in spirit.

All things considered, Bruce is at the top of any list you want to write.

Thanks,

Darrell Smith

Show Me The Cache

DSsaysHi@aol.com