the n word

flask

i haven't stirred up my quota of trouble for today.

apparently we can say #^&* and *&$ and #&*$^ here, but we can't use the n-word.

there are a ton of reasons (well, maybe a half dozen. but they're definative.) why i do my game playing out of here (excuse me. "sporting information"). heck, if i could get a good game of cards here i might do that too.

so even if i SAY the n word it doesn't mean i'm going there.

oh wait. i went there today. it only confirmed this as the proper choice for all right thinking people (read "people like me, who have the same needs and opinions").

i'm sorry. maybe i just need more sleep.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

quote:
Originally posted by flask:

i haven't stirred up my quota of trouble for today.

apparently we can say #^&* and *&$ and #&*$^ here, but we can't use the n-word.

there are a ton of reasons (well, maybe a half dozen. but they're definative.) why i do my game playing out of here (excuse me. "sporting information"). heck, if i could get a good game of cards here i might do that too.

so even if i SAY the n word it doesn't mean i'm going there.

oh wait. i went there today. it only confirmed this as the proper choice for all right thinking people (read "people like me, who have the same needs and opinions").

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Actually, you CANT say those other naughty words here either. If you click the search button, and type that naughty N word in, you will see that you CAN use it here, and read the reasons why its monitored.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:

Either that or lay off the bottle.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Got GPS, "you cache with Platinum" but you have a color in your avatar. Did you get one of those too?

migo_sig_logo.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Oh yeah, Nav!cache. The whole 'N' word thing could be totally taken the wrong way.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

From what I can gather GC.com was around before the "N" site but what I can't understand is why the name "geocache" or "geocaching" can be used so freely on other site(s). I mean how come only the GC logo is copyrighted and not the name?

I'll be honest, I have checked out the N site a few times before but there is no comparison. If I do a search for caches in a 25 mile radius on GC I get over 1500, if I do the same search over there Im lucky to get 30 and the nearest one is over 11 miles away!!

Kar

TEAM SHIBBY!!!!

Krs, Kar & Na

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

"n" word?

Night caches?

Not Found?

No Idea What You're Talking About????

Published experts (1, 2) say with certainty that critical situations will arise which are totally unexpected.

ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME?????? LOL!!!

...yes, you know what i'm talking about!! LOL!!

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

quote:
Originally posted by Team Shibby:

From what I can gather GC.com was around before the "N" site but what I can't understand is why the name "geocache" or "geocaching" can be used so freely on other site(s). I mean how come only the GC logo is copyrighted and not the name?

I was under the impresstion that it had been attempted. Or at.... that... Well Ill just let you decide.

quote:
From a post by Quinn Stone at Na-Vah-cash:

When N******** was first placed on the net I was contacted by Jeremy telling me that if I did not remove the word "Geocaching" from my website that I would face a lawsuit, and I was not the only one that was threatened with this as Buxleys Maps were also contacted in this fashion.

quote:
In the same thread, by another cacher:

geocaching.com also once claimed that Jeremy Irish coined the term "geocaching". He had to back off that claim when others provided evidence that Matt Stum deserves credit for that. But geocaching.com fails to credit him and still leaves the impression that Jeremy Irish was the first to use the term.

I would give a link, but I don't think the spam filters would like it.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
_____________________________________________________________________________________

umc ---- Correct me if I am wrong......but didn't you get this for YOUR WIFE FOR HER BIRTHDAY!!!???

At least I got a new power saw from my husband.

quote:
Originally posted by upinyachit:

If it wasn't for _N*vicache_, we would of never found out about this site.

Duane

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! http://home.rochester.rr.com/thehughesfamily7/images/feet.gif

Oh great, now you tell us, I think I dislike that other site a little more now. icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

There *are* actually areas where the other site has a superior selection. Not my area, though. My three and a handful of others are the only ones posted there for hundreds of miles around my house, and all of them are also posted here.

I do like their cache entry form better than the one here. They also seem to be a bit looser about rules over there. For instance, travelling caches have their own type over there, while they've been completely disallowed here. Overall though, this site is better IMO.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

Alot of talk here at this link:

http://www.n*v*c*ch*.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e9ee8432e32ffff;act=ST;f=26;t=30;hl=geocaching.com

Fix the link above with what you think goes where the Asterisks are.

There is a bit of talk of something called "Geocaching.com"

The site at this link is kind of dead, especially here in Detroit.

The GPS in my Avatar is the "color", and I did try that one but the need for the backlight always on, is why I returned that GPS.

Always different...Hit refresh

maze?70+35+3+2+0+170+0+0+255+255+255

Here is a clickable link:

http://tinyurl.com/9ria

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

Alot of talk here at this link:

http://www.n*v*cach*.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e9ee8432e32ffff;act=ST;f=26;t=30;hl=geocaching.c*m

Fix the link above with what you think goes where the Asterisks are.

There is a bit of talk of something called "Geocaching.com"

The site at this link is kind of dead, especially here in Detroit.

The GPS in my Avatar is the "color", and I did try that one but the need for the backlight always on, is why I returned that GPS.

Always different...Hit refresh

http://www.flint.umich.edu/cgi-bin/maze?70+35+3+2+0+170+0+0+255+255+255

I thought this was a joke.

I just tried to post a message with the above referenced word in it, and it actually would not post!

Let me go on record as saying this is the silliest, most childish action I've yet seen TPTB take. Honestly, people, it's a WORD -- are you really afraid of it?

Let me quote one of this century's greatest philosophers. George Carlin.

"There are NO BAD WORDS. There are bad thoughts, bad ideas, bad feelings ... and WORDS."

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)

For the record, as I understand it it will post, it just won't post immediately. Someone will look at it first to make sure it's appropriate for the thread it was posted in. The reason for that is very old, and it has to do with someone who was abusing their ability to post and advertising that other site at every opportunity. In my opinion, TPTB did what they had to do to fix the problem.

warm.gif

there is also the n word but there is also

geoc*ch*ingw*rldw*ide.com

on both sites the closest is a great distance but i notice some switch overs

ie ppl who were on one site and then moved here

Happy Hunting icon_smile.gif

-Amazingracer

If war protesters don't believe in violence what would they do if we punched them in the nose?

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

For the record, as I understand it it _will_ post, it just won't post _immediately_. Someone will look at it first to make sure it's appropriate for the thread it was posted in. The reason for that is very old, and it has to do with someone who was abusing their ability to post and advertising that other site at every opportunity. In my opinion, TPTB did what they had to do to fix the problem.

http://216.202.195.127/warm.gif

Its still childish in my opinion. So you ban the people who are posting frivolously....Why sensor mere mention of some other website from your own, unless you are scared of the competition?

If anything, I would think that this site, being so much bigger, and more popular than the other, wouldnt care.

I would think that the other, smaller site, would be the one to censor mention of THIS site on theirs.

Anyway, I dont want to start a flame war or bring up a discussion which is only going to ruffle feathers and go nowhere.

I just want to mention that I realise this is a privately run website, and if they see fit to resort to censorship, then so be it. I dont have to be here if I dont want to.

I WILL say, that it is one little detail that DOES turn me off this site, somewhat.

Art

www.yankeetoys.org

www.BudBuilt.com

http://www.ttora-ne.mainpage.net/

quote:
Originally posted by ScottJ:

<insert failed attempt at ASCII banner here. Darned proportionally-spaced fonts.>

You can do ascii banners here, but you need to understand the

***  **   **  ***  **** ****   *  * *  * *  * *      **   *    *  * *  * ***    **   *  * *  * *  * *      ****  **   **  ***  **** ***

tag.

However, it's not really a good way to win friends and/or influence people.

warm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Amazingracer:

Does geocachingworldwide get screened too??

quote:
Originally posted by Amazingracer:

Hey, would it be possiable to get a list of the words that I may not say? so I don't say them?? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif