How many times til I give up looking?!?!

Guest cleenjeep

Guest cleenjeep

I have been searching for a certain cache for about two weeks, spanning 5 different trips to the area. I have devoted many hours to looking. It is usually fun to search for one, but this one is causing me misery! It eludes me every time. Some others have found it, and some have not. I am considering giving in and calling this one "missing in action" as far as I'm concerned. Has anyone else done this? How many times did you look for a cache? I have spent at least an hour and a half each time looking.

Michael

------------------

Webmaster and List Admin for Southern Michigan Rockcrawlers

Personal Site is Cleenjeep's Site

Guest jeremy

I've had the luck of finding most of the caches but there was one that I wouldn't have found if it wasn't for help from the cache owner. It was in heavy tree cover with tall groundcover so it was very difficult to find.

So, go at your own pace, if you give up, ask for directions. I know, as a male, that this is hard to do. icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest jeremy

I've had the luck of finding most of the caches but there was one that I wouldn't have found if it wasn't for help from the cache owner. It was in heavy tree cover with tall groundcover so it was very difficult to find.

So, go at your own pace, if you give up, ask for directions. I know, as a male, that this is hard to do. icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest 300mag

Maybe you can read the diff log entries.This might give you some clue or e-mail the cache owner for some.Or stick with it till you finally find it.(I think you'll remember that one) icon_smile.gif

Guest 300mag

Maybe you can read the diff log entries.This might give you some clue or e-mail the cache owner for some.Or stick with it till you finally find it.(I think you'll remember that one) icon_smile.gif

Guest wtmrn

Theres no such word as quit. I agree with 300 mag mosttimes cacher logs will give it away, if you really need to e-mail the cache owner for help. Try backing away a good distance and shoot a compass line to the cache, do this from a couple directions try to figure where the lines intersect then start seaching. Look for anything out of the ordinary or something placed unnaturally. You may even try tracking. Examine everything, the story is always there.

Guest RyckZ

Hello CleanJeep. I've been meaning to send you email anyway, so found your msg here and had to comment. There is a cache called TORY & DREW'S RIVERVIEWin Maumee Ohio (Toledo) that took me several trips and many hours to find. The cache hider was kind enough to verify that it was not plundered and gave us some revised coordinates. However even after that it took a while to find. So give it a break keep trying.

And for my other reason to contact you, I just wanted you to know that with your Garlic Island Treasurecache you beat me to that location as a hiding place. I had just surveyed it a few days before you planted yours! Good move! I'll try to get there to be the first to find it at least.

Guest Prime Suspect

Keep trying. It took me 4 attempts to find the "Clinton's wife and Finis' too" - though it was tough multi-part puzzle cache. Try thinking outside the box. Sometimes you get locked into a thought pattern that prevents you from finding the cache. We tend to look around on the ground, but I've encountered caches that were hangning 15 feet in the air. Also try approaching the area from a different direction.

Guest rusty

Hey Cleenjeep,

If you can dish it out ya gotta be able to take it icon_wink.gif

I spent over an hour searching for your "Puttin' on the Fitz" only to find out today it had gone awol and needed repair. I'm anxious to get back and try again, it was a very cool area, and sounds even better now. And then there is "Pug gets revenge" strike two that day, I ended up 2 for 4. You have a very warped style... and I like it! Never retreat, only regroup!

Guest rusty

Hey Cleenjeep,

If you can dish it out ya gotta be able to take it icon_wink.gif

I spent over an hour searching for your "Puttin' on the Fitz" only to find out today it had gone awol and needed repair. I'm anxious to get back and try again, it was a very cool area, and sounds even better now. And then there is "Pug gets revenge" strike two that day, I ended up 2 for 4. You have a very warped style... and I like it! Never retreat, only regroup!

Guest cleenjeep

He he he.. I am glad you are enjoying them. You will really love the one I replaced it with. The original didn't really go awol, it just collapsed, I found it in the same spot, it might have even been crushed by someone searching for it! I should have used a stronger container... my fault! It was still there, just filled with wet sand! he he he.. I hope you can get back there to try the new one out, it should be a fun one for sure! Be sure to check the new cache page, it has been totally changed.

The day I went out there and found it (tuesday the 22nd), I discovered that someone had been looking for it that day, it looked like there were some dig marks in a few different spots near it, and extensive digging right next to it! The first part doesnt require any digging this time, I am staying out of the sandy creekbeds!

I am really having fun hiding the caches, and it is a great feeling when people tell me they are enjoying them!

Michael

------------------

Webmaster and List Admin for Southern Michigan Rockcrawlers

Personal Site is Cleenjeep's Site