How do you get someone's cache archived?

res2100

Ok dumb question, but there are 2 caches close to where I live (on the first page of the search). Both have been confirmed as missing and people have indicated that they should be archived. The owner of these 2 caches is the same and doesn't seem to be active anymore and doesn't reply to e-mails. So it is pretty obvious these should be archived, but how do they get to be archived? By God?

http://ca.geocities.com/rsab2100/pond.html

There's a cache near me like that. Two "Should Be Archived" logs on it so far, confirmed missing by a previous finder. I found it too, and it was doomed to go missing very quickly. In fact, the container magically changed from a PVC pipe to a Gladware container before hte final disappearance. I recently contacted the owner but got no response. If I don't hear from him soon, I'll go to the admins.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

Are they in really nice locations? Should there be a cache there? Are you local enough to it or are there cachers who are who would be willing to adopt this cache? Ttepee and I adopted a cache that had been stolen. We went out caching and the park with the missing cache was the most central to meet at. We left one car there, did some caching with SR & dboggny, and when we got back to the car we realized between us we had a container and enough goodies to put a cache in this park. We moved it just bit away from the original, since the original was a waist high ammo can (Project Ape cache container), and we were placing a small container, and we renamed it. Jeremey had it put in Ttepee's name that night and she had it changed to my name shortly after that. What I'm getting at is if the area is nice enough, someone should keep it going. Can you link us to these caches in question?

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

From what I've heard, cache adoptions aren't done on a regular basis. TPTB seem (from e-mails I've received) to prefer that the old cache be archived, and a new one be placed. Easier that way from a cacher-relations standpoint I think.

As for the process of getting a cache archived, you're basically required to post on the forum, wait until 80 responses have been written and the subject matter has drifted towards some barely related hot-point topic. Then, the cache will magically be archived, since we have those sorts of powers.

Or, you could e-mail the helpful people at contact@Groundspeak.com.

I'm glad you emailed the owner. I've had a geocacher his the archive switch before emailing me. Very annoying. Since it was a moving cache I asked the last person to place the cache to verify it's status. It took them a little time to do so but eventually they did. Turns out it was MIA. But a simple email would have brought about the needed cache maintencene with a lot less annoyance.

Wherever you go there you are.