Small island caches?

Mad-Mac

It's been done. Lakes, rivers, etc. Go for it. Just remember, depending on where you are, "boat only" sometimes becomes "drive up" Just ask the guys where it's been 6 degrees for months icon_smile.gif

EDIT: One more thing, don't forget if it's in a river or other flood prone area, use a sturdy waterproof container,(ammo box) and secure it in place so it doesn't float away in the event of a flood.

Just because you're paranoid DOESN'T mean they're not ALL out to get you.

at Dillon Lake was recommended to me to seek on our last trip to Breckendidge, but I didn't want to give up enough slope time to look under 4 feet of snow. Maybe if I ever get out there in summer

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

I was considering that here too, but access is limited during almost 1/2 the summer due to it being a nesting ground for geese and other waterfowl. A twist on this idea is on the same lake, there are trees that are submerged except for about 10 ft of the tops of them, with some camo techniques, it could be interesteing to get to by boat, is a challenge just getting back there in a boat.

It's not a sport unless there is something dead in the back of the truck when you get home.

Pick has placed a cache on "Robinson Island" in Brussels, Belgium, last winter.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=49690

He placed it this winter, when the pound was frozen, but the ice melted a few day after, and it still is untouched icon_wink.gif

This really frustrates me, coz it appears on top of my "Nearby Caches" each time... The island is located in a very crowded park, so it will be difficult to get to it without being spotted by the local police icon_cool.gif

I'll have to find out... our wait till next winter icon_wink.gif

Jiheffe

Don't Dream It... Be It!

quote:
Originally posted by Mad-Mac:

Are there any rules against putting a cache on a small, uninhabited island on a lake? I think it would be cool cuz you need a boat (or canoe) to get it, and then when you find the cache you could go fishing afterwards.

Just make sure to rate it properly. If you need special equipment to reach it, like a boat, it is a terrain 5.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill D (wwh):

This one's on a tiny island in southern England. It's only had two found logs since it was placed last June.

Bill

Why would anyone want to go out and find something that isn't there. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"